DCAF: Better Than Espresso

My professional obligations as a very serious journalist require me to be unbiased in my reporting of the news, regardless of what other school groups I may be a part of. That being said, a ticket to DCAF 2012 is quite possibly the best $8 you will ever spend in the history of your whole life and attending DCAF is probably more important than anything else you could be doing on November 3rd or November 10th from 7:30pm-10pm…but that’s just my impartial opinion.

For those of you who don’t know, DCAF (pronounced like the useless kind of coffee) is the DC A Capella Festival, which is put on every year by the Georgetown Phantoms and The Gracenotes. Each group hosts one weekend of DCAF, inviting various campus a capella groups as well as some guest groups to perform.

If you liked ‘Pitch Perfect’, if you used to regularly watch ‘The Sing Off’ before its untimely demise, or if you just like good music and want to support your fellow Hoyas, I suggest you attend!

The first DCAF performance will be on November 3rd, this Saturday, hosted by the Georgetown Phantoms. The Phantoms will be hosting the Gracenotes, The Chimes and Superfood as well as bringing in the NYU N’Harmonics and the Yale Whiffenpoofs. The second DCAF performance will be held on November 10th, next Saturday, hosted by The Gracenotes. The Gracenotes will host The Phantoms, The Saxatones and The Capitol G’s with The GW Vibes and UConn Conn Men coming as guest performers.

Tickets do traditionally sell out quite quickly because space in Gaston Hall is limited so if I were you I wouldn’t wait too long before buying your ticket! I WILL SEE YOU THERE.

Tickets will be on sale at:

Davis Center Box Office, Monday-Friday from 11am-3pm
Red Square, Monday-Friday from 10am-4pm
Online here
At the door (but I wouldn’t take your chances! DCAF sells out fast)