Friday Fixat10ns: Best Covers/Remixes of 2014

As the year winds down and the radios countdown to the “Top Songs of the Year”, we here at 4E have decided to take a different route. Why deal with the normal songs, when we never do normal?

Instead, for this holiday season we are bringing you the best covers/remixes of the year.

1. Coco Gnash

Maybe I only like this song because my nickname is Coco … but I really do think this version is much better than the original. There is nothing better than hearing “I’m in love with the coco” over and over. If you haven’t listened to the two songs in contrast to each other yet, get on it.

2. Bang Bang 3Lau Radio Remix

This song was stuck in my head for a good month this year. When I heard this remix, I immediately judged it because I was “so over the song”. However, this is actually an amazing remix. And because of it, the song is once again stuck in my brain for eternity.

3. Flawless Remix Beyoncé Ft. Lil Kim

As a Beyoncé lover and devotee, I have committed all of her songs to memory. This remix is all a Beyoncé/music lover could ever want in a remix: the classic words of Beyoncé mixed with an insanely amazing beat. Flawless, literally. (Also check out the version featuring Nicki Minaj, it’s equally great.)

4. I’m Not The Only One ASAP Rocky

Even though this song is so sad and emotional, it is one of my all time favorites. It is the perfect mix of heartwrenching and badass. This remix takes the song from “too sad” to the perfect mix of emotions. And for any of you Kanye lovers, make sure to listen to Carlos Serrano’s remix of this song.

5. Waves  Mr. Probz (1st Born Cover)

This is one of my sister’s favorite songs and she begged me to include this. In my opinion, I like how this song is slower than the original. It is more thought provoking and in her words, “We could do ballet to this song”. No matter what, it is just insanely beautiful.

6. Habits (Stay High) Tove Lo (Cover by Brandon Skeie)

This is the song that perfectly explains getting over someone. The slower pace is perfect as it focuses more on the music of the song and less on the beat.

7. Sexual Healing Marvin Gaye (Kygo Remix)

This remix is a modern take on the song which makes me love the song all over again. There is something about taking something old and changing it for today that always (well, usually) works. Bravo.

8. Bound 2 Kanye West (Sigma Remix)

Bound 2 is one of my recent Kanye favorites. This version is awesome and a nice mix, in comparison to the original. A new favorite of mine, definitely.

9. Closing Time Semisonic (Raone Franco Remix)

Okay, this is not a 2014 song. But since “Friends with Benefits” is a timeless movie, this remix is pertinent no matter the year. No matter the year, the remix or the singer, this song will always hold a special place in my heart.

10. Fancy Iggy Azalea (Yellow Claw Remix)

While there are so many “Fancy” remixes, my family (because they helped me with this) and I all agree that this version is the one we would want to hear more than the others. “Fancy” was such a pertinent song in this year and it could never be forgotten. Thanks Iggy!

Hope you had a musical holiday and get ready for an amazing music year.

Deck the Halls with tons of new songs, fa la la la la la la ……

Photos: elo7.com.br