Friday Fixat10ns: Lighting Up

Friday Fixat10ns: Medical Marijuana Version from thehoya on 8tracks.

Medical marijuana could be available at dispensaries across D.C. by the end of the summer. Though D.C.’s law is much more restrictive than those of many states (we’re looking at you, California and Colorado), we’re getting prepared with this week’s Fixat10ns. Here are ten perfect songs to listen to during your cancer, glaucoma or HIV treatment. Though the song possibilities are seemingly endless, we decided to limit them to the past 10 years. If I were my dad circa 1981, I may have included other greats like Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, or the Greatful Dead. But I’m not, so here’s a more modern mix.

2am — Slightly Stoopid The first of many songs on this playlist that sound the same. But, hey, if something’s working for you, why not keep it going?

The Show Goes On — Lupe Fiasco A year and a half ago, Lupe wouldn’t even be close to being on this playlist. But, then I saw his fall concert performance last year where he forgot the words to this exact song due to some drug-induced state.

Marijuana — Kid Cudi Need I say anything else?

Santeria — Sublime Another one of those songs that just sounds like you should light up a joint whenever it comes on shuffle. But don’t. Please don’t. That’s illegal. (For now).

Wet Dreams — Pepper Unlike other songs on this playlist, this song clearly isn’t about lighting up. But, again, it’s in that category of songs that just fit with today’s theme.

Never Ending Summer — 311 Keep on blazin’ the trail, keep on rockin’ the joints… We do it all the time!

Maui Wowie — Kid Cudi Soon, you won’t have to go back to Honolulu just to get that Maui Wowie — if our dispensaries are anything like California’s, you’ll be able to get pot from around the world.

Chillin’ (feat. Lady Gaga) — Wale Here’s another singer who has forgotten words at a concert due to some level of highness. And, since he’s local, you can bet he’s excited about the new dispensaries.

Love 101 — Pepper This playlist is just loaded with songs designed to lower your blood pressure (even if you’re not lighting up).

Paper Planes — M.I.A. No, this song isn’t about two Indian kids riding on the roofs of trains (as Slumdog Millionaire would have you believe). It’s about getting high and crossing borders.