Friday Fixat10ns: Love Through the Decades

love-music

Once again, 4E has you covered when it comes to having the perfect playlist for your valentine. They’ll be impressed by the fact that you have a song for every decade. Hopefully, this evolution of love songs will try to express what you’ve been wanting to say all along.

[8tracks url=”[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”https://8tracks.com/mixes/5764796″]

1. The 1920s: “Let’s Do It” – Cole Porter. Cole Porter might have lived back in the day, but he really got to the point. I mean let’s face it, everyone does it. Fall in love that is.

2. The 1930s: “Rhythm and Romance” – Ella Fitzgerald. Ella Fitzgerald is the Queen of Jazz, the First Lady of Song. Ella, your pure, jazzy voice can serenade anyone to fall in love.

3. The 1940s: “Five Minutes More” – Frank Sinatra. Maybe five minutes more will make a difference if you break out some Frank Sinatra. Guys take note, Frank Sinatra will always make a girl swoon.

4. The 1950s: “Earth Angel” – The Penguins. Released in 1955, this beautiful 50’s classic may seem a little familiar. That is because it was featured in the 1985 film Back to the Future.

5. The 1960s: “(You Me Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman” – Aretha Franklin. Sorry Beyonce, but Aretha Franklin was the original diva. Aretha you are all woman and please keep doing you.

6. The 1970s: “Isn’t She Lovely” – Stevie Wonder. This Stevie Wonder will melt your date’s heart and well, if you don’t have a valentine, just pretend that old Stevie is serenading you with those cool shades.

7. The 1980s: “I Melt With You” – Modern English. Nothing better than a little British new wave sound to live in up the mood. This may not be the most sultry of songs, but your date will appreciate it’s sweet sweet lyrics.

8. The 1990s: “I’ll Stand By You” – The Pretenders. Ah, what a classic 90’s cliché love song. The Pretenders really outdid themselves with this one.

9. The 2000s: “U Got It Bad” – Usher. Usher is the man when it comes to creating sexy and passionate renditions expressing love. Yes, that sentence was supposed to be extremely cheesy.

10. The 2010s: “Stay With Me” – Sam Smith. Due to the fact Sam Smith just took home 4 Grammy’s, I think he belongs on this wondrous list. Let’s face it, Sam Smith can steal anyone’s heart with his oh so beautiful voice.

Photo: https://rockonphilly.com/