Friday Fixat10ns: Songs to Fuel Your Run

runningfixations

As we near the end of March the weather is improving, the birds are chirping and the incessant crowd of DC runners are continuing to take on the sidewalks. If you are not already, 4E encourages you to get out and join the fun!

We understand, however, if the prospect of putting on athletic clothes and actually partaking in physical activity has you feeling like this:

giphy

It can be daunting, but no matter what long winded string of excuses you can make for yourself, WE BELIEVE IN YOU! And we have put together a playlist as a form of encouragement. In no time at all you’ll be like this:

giphy-1

1. Uptown Funk- Bruno Mars, Mark Ronson. The ultimate pump up song to start of the run. If your pacing isn’t good, the beat in this song will surely help you get through the pain.
  2. I’m Still Standing- Elton John. Second song is where you really wanna give up, hey you’ve already ran a little why do more. This song will remind you that you are up and doing this. So, why stop?
  3. Lose Yourself- Eminem. Literally lose yourself as you listen to this song. Pretend you are on a beach, sleeping, just not running/dying like you probably are in reality.
  4. Dog Days are Over- Florence + the Machine. Almost half way there, you are past the hard part. Enjoy the serenity of this song and the serenity of this less painful part of this thing we call exercise.
  5. Talk Dirty- Jason Derulo. What makes a run better than picturing Jimmy Fallon doing his cover of this song? The original is amazing too, enjoy the hilarious lyrics and the obsessive beat.
  6. All I Do is Win- DJ Khaled. You are killin’ it. Really, all you do is win. You are making this run yours, there is no stopping. In the words of the poetic DJ Khaled all you do is win “no matter what”. Keep it up.
  7. Team- Lorde. We are all your team (aka your cheer squad) here. You have so much support behind you, keep on keeping up.
  8. Anaconda- Nicki Minaj. Nothing like a little Nicki to get you excited and in the mood to finish this run. You better do the rap or you are not a real person.
  9. I Love it- Icona Pop. You love this run, you love this exercise, you love that this thing is almost over! Celebrate with this iconic song and make sure to scream out the chorus while doing so.
  10. How Far We’ve Come- Matchbox Twenty. YOU DID IT. You have made it to the end of your run, congrats! Look at what you have done and all the songs that have helped you get there. Killin’ it.

There you have it, 10 songs that range the spectrums of genres and decades ready to accompany you on your workout. Get out there and show us what you got!!

giphy-3

giphy-4

This post was co-written with Courtney Klein.

Photos/Gifs: giphy.com; tumblr.com;  runnersworld.com