Friday Fixat10ns: Spring Fever

[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”https://8tracks.com/mixes/1632391″]

Wikipedia describes the symptoms of spring fever as “an increase in energy, vitality and particularly sexual appetite.” These may already be familiar to you as the symptoms of a coming weekend at Georgetown. Expect this heightened state of living to persist (hopefully) throughout finals. In the meantime, what better way to make use of your increased energy than to listen to the latest Fixat10ns?

Spring Fever – Elvis Presely & Shelley Fabares What is Spring Fever? To answer this question, I thought it would be appropriate to start the playlist with this song off the “Girl Happy” soundtrack.

The Sound of Settling – Death Cab for Cutie Classes are ending soon! Whip out your bucket list for this year. How far have you come since September? Still got a long list? Make use of this energy on campus and get started!

Shorty Like Mine – Bow Wow ft. Chris Brown This is for the couples on campus. Make use of the rejuvenating effects of Spring and bump some feel good tunes as you appreciate your significant other. Just stop doing it on Lau 2.

All My Life – KCi & Jojo If the last song reminded you too much of middle school, then maybe an old school R&B song can help.

Your Man – Josh Turner Just listen to this song and tell me it doesn’t sound like a springtime love jam.

Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You – Frank Sinatra Did someone say “springtime love jam”? (Yeah, I did) Although Lauryn Hill’s version of this song holds its own, it’s always best to go to the masters. If you have no significant other to share these songs with, it’s fine…

Jamming – Bob Marley & the Wailers …you can just be jammin’ on the front lawn this week with your friends! Remember to celebrate tomorrow’s festivities with the right playlist!

Let’s Get High – Dr. Dre See above.

21 Questions – 50 Cent ft. Nate Dogg Ideally, you want to spend this weekend chilling with your crew, bumping good music, and enjoying the springtime mood. 50 Cent’s “21 Questions” belongs in any session playlist.

Changes – Tupac Enjoy the beautiful weather, the new energy of the season, and all the opportunities for crew chillin’ you can. In light of this week’s events, however, let’s not forget to bring some positive change wherever we go.