Friday Fixat10ns: Youth Knows No Pain

by Beth Garbitelli

Youth Knows No Pain from ecgarbi on 8tracks.

Weather has been abysmal, we lost to ‘Cuse in OT and people are still hating on our campus plan. Oh and midterms. Shake it off. We’ve got one thing on our side — time. Youth ain’t wasted on the young. Unleash your inner M.I.A and get your swagger back with this mix.

Youth Knows No Pain – Lykke Li Forget angst. Being young is the ultimate trump card as songstress Lykke Li has already figured out.

Golden Years – David Bowie As Mr. Bowie proclaims, ‘nothing’s gonna touch you in these golden years.’ Kudos if you know what movie this song is featured in.

School Spirit – Kayne West Healthiest ego in showbiz right here, everybody.  Kanye is a take “everything 10 steps at a time LOL!” type of guy. Just follow his example. Yep, that’s a direct quote from his Twitter.

Up, Up, And Away – Kid Cudi I can attest that this song is the best wake-up-and-walk-to-public-transportation song ever. To complete the picture strut confidently, sip a coffee beverage. and ignore/skip Cudi’s weird talking part at the end about the ‘man in the moon.’

Don’t Stop Me Now –  Queen Freddie Mercury! The man OWNS this song.

Call It What You Want – Foster the People ‘But what I’ve got can’t be bought’. That’s called swagger. Okay, random aside- this song’s reference to knives disturbs me, which reminds me of the lyrics about shooting kids in their song Pumped Up Kicks. So….yeah FTP, why are you telling people they better run faster than your bullets? A little creepy. Actually, a lot creepy.

Heart Of The City – Jay-Z Just, this whole song. ‘Sensitive thugs, ya’ll need hugs.’ That is all.

I Can’t Get Next To You – The Temptations In honesty, this song is about not being able to get that ONE thing you really want. It’s about being incomplete. But, all that aside, these dudes don’t seem to have an ego problem as evidenced by some of their claims. Its a good message to end on; listen to all these ego-boosting jams but maybe you can’t always get everything you want. You can still turn a green sky blue though.