Friday Fixat10ns: I’m Coming Home

[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”https://8tracks.com/mixes/1752606″]

With Senior Week nearing its end, it’s safe to say this year’s over and done. Fin. Those Hoyas not interning in DC or trekking across the globe are all home for the summer. Maybe you can’t wait to catch up with old friends, maybe you’re already missing Leo’s. The latter should seek help immediately, but our playlist should help the rest of you weather the ups and downs of a summer at home.

Home – Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros Kazoos! Trumpets! Big band! What a way to start us off right. If whistling and folk tunes don’t get you ready for a carefree summer at home, you probably have no soul.

Hometown Glory – Adele What can I say – Adele and I are pretty much the same person. We both give due praise to the Queen of the World and love a good wiener dog. Essentially her hometown is my hometown. Right now we’re feeling somber about it.

Homeward Bound – Simon & Garfunkel Love a good 60’s throwback? Convinced that this gem is the pinnacle of nineties cinematography?  Either way this is sure to rev you up for your mom’s cooking and reuniting with old friends.

Let’s Go Home – Best Coast West coast, best coast – am I right? Too bad we can’t all call the Golden State home. If you happen to be landlocked this summer, put this on repeat and dream of surf and sand.

Take Your Time – Fun. Word on the street is that this is about Nate Ruess and the Format breaking up (Format, if you’re reading this, I miss you always). But it has a pretty good message about growing up and moving on, too.  Don’t feel quite right among your old friends and life at home? Ch-ch-changes.

Home – Daughter Because any song beginning “I was drunk again” has earned its place on a 4E playlist.

Apartment – Young the Giant For all those Hoyas calling DC home for the summer, I suggest this as your Saturday night theme song. Think of it as a glorified description of the Prospect Street crawl.

Our House – Madness Just in case your summer plans include the hustle and bump…

Come Home – OneRepublic and Sara Bareilles Is there a Sara Bareilles song that doesn’t reduce me to tears? This one’s good to sob to while longing for your roommate and a Chicken Madness. Let it all out, kid.

Rockin’ the Suburbs – Ben Folds Let’s face it, you’re bound to get stir crazy stuck in your boring hometown for weeks. It won’t be long before you’re counting the days until you get back to the Hilltop. Don’t worry – Ben Folds feels you and your suburb-induced angst.