On Your Radar: The Valentine’s Day Issue

@cafegeorgetowndc/Instagram
Valentine’s Day brings the rose latte to Cafe Georgetown.

Fall in LOVE With Georgetown!

Who needs an S.O. when you could fall in love with our city instead? Just a few minutes walk from the gates, many shops on M St. will be running a “Love, Georgetown” promotion Feb. 7 to 14. Promotions will include deals on Valentine’s Day-inspired treats, such as rose lattes at Cafe Georgetown, heart-shaped pizza at Manny & Olga’s Pizza and Valentine’s bonbons at Petite Soeur. Once you’ve had your fill of food, head over to Crumbs & Whiskers from 7 p.m. Feb. 13 and 14 for a purr-fect party to end the day!

Craft on Campus!

V-Day doesn’t just have to be about store-bought flowers and candy, make this year special by crafting something yourself! Come down to the Maker Hub on Lau 1 from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Feb. 13 for some creative fun! The Maker Hub will provide all the materials needed to make your own bracelets and cards for your friends and loved ones, so grab a coffee from Midnight Mug and get to crafting!

See a New Movie!

Valentine’s Day is about so much more than love and romance! Five new movies are premiering at AMC Georgetown Feb. 14, and there is something for everyone to enjoy. Among them are “Madame Web,” the new Marvel movie starring Dakota Johnson and Sydney Sweeney and “Bob Marley: One Love,” a musical/drama about the life of acclaimed reggae star Bob Marley. But if a little bit of love is more your style, “Anyone But You,” a rom-com set on the sunny beaches of Australia, returns to the silver screen for their Valentine’s Day Encore! 

Make Your Own Candle!

Do you want to give a friend or loved one a gift they’ll never forget? Take the opportunity to make your very own candle Feb. 14 at 6 p.m. at the Bryant Street Market! The event will run for about two hours, allowing you to learn different techniques to make your own aromatherapy gel wax candle. No experience is necessary, and materials are included with the price of a ticket, so take some friends to experience this fun workshop!