Sunday Night Wrapup: Winners All Around

This weekend was filled with many victorious individuals. Triumphs ranged from basketball games to lucky lottery tickets. 4E has the details on these events for you:

• It’s been an eventful weekend in New Orleans for men’s basketball fans. The NCAA tournament comes to and end tomorrow night when Kansas will take on Kentucky in the final. Saturday’s Final Four games were close and exciting up until the final buzzer. Kentucky managed to edge out Big East team Louisville with a score of 69-61, and Ohio State kept the game uncomfortably close up until the end, but ended up losing to Kansas 64-62. While we all wish Georgetown could be playing tomorrow night, tomorrow’s final matchup is sure to be entertaining.
  • There was a world record-breaking $640 million Mega Millions jackpot this past week, and three winning tickets were sold! A lucky customer bought a ticket Friday evening from a 7-Eleven store located in Baltimore that turned out to be one of those three tickets. He with two other winners will split this enormous sum of money. The Baltimore store will receive a $100,000 bonus for selling the winning ticket, and is now thought by many to be a lucky store.  Fortunately, for all you Hoyas, Baltimore is close, so make the trip and buy some lottery tickets.
  • The beloved Georgetown psychology professor, Steven Sabat, was awarded and recognized at the 6th Annual Georgetown College Honors this past Friday evening. Each year, current students nominate professors that they feel are influential, memorable, and among the best at Georgetown. This year Professor Sabat received the most votes, so was surrounded by faculty and students at this reception where he spoke briefly of his positive experience at Georgetown.
  • Better find a friend with an HBO subscription – the much-hyped second season of Game of Thrones premieres tonight at 9 p.m. Who cares about homework? Winter (and war) is coming in Westeros tonight.
Photo: abcnews.com