The 5 Best Georgetown Memes (2018-2019)

One of the best hidden gems about Georgetown is our school’s *hilarious* memes page which, of course, is for non-conforming Jesuit teens. With the school year coming to a close, the best way to wrap it up is to compile a list of the top 5 memes of the year.

1. The Over-Committing Hoya

Everyone knows the feeling of rushing to campus and getting pumped during the CAB fair to join a multitude of clubs. Fast forward to the next day, and your inbox is flooded with 30 new emails from all the clubs you impulsively signed up for. Let’s be honest though…this applies to a Hoya in almost anything they do.

2. The Midterm Scaries

The scariest thing is the realization that midterm season starts with the first exams and doesn’t end until finals. *goosebumps* It’s not a midterm season, it’s a midterm semester.

3. Procrastination Station

We all know the feeling when we have a surge of motivation to get work finished, trek up the hill to Lau, find the perfect table on Lau 2, silence our phones, and then get roped into looking at the latest memes on the Georgetown memes page. Then you check your phone and realize that have been sitting at a cubicle for 2 hours, and your 15-page theology essay is still untouched.

4. Cherry Blossom Season

Cherry blossom season is one of the best times for anyone in D.C. The weather is amazing, the birds are chirping, and the cherry blossoms are blossoming. That also means that your social media feed will be filled with cherry blossom pictures all throughout April. And ONLY cherry blossom pictures.

5. The Live Registration Dilemma

This semester was the first time Georgetown implemented live registration. Seniors were cheering, finally securing their classes. This means everyone else *cough freshmen* was left to wait their turn for the “leftover” classes. (RIP anyone trying to get the last 3 remaining history 099 courses after the first day). This meme literally embodies anyone trying to get into seminars, final classes for their majors, pre-requisites, and more.

Bonus:

6. Course Evaluations

*Hears 10 dings*

*Checks inbox*

*8 messages from the Registrar’s office regarding pending course evaluations and 2 from professor’s saying they will designate some class time tomorrow to complete them.*

*Proceeds to get 2 messages a day until the end of finals season reminding you to do course evaluations.*

*Don’t forget TA evaluations too.*

All pictures were taken from the Georgetown memes page on Facebook.

Note: All names of students who posted these memes were hidden for privacy purposes.