The Top 7 Places You Wish You Were This Summer

THE TOP 7 PLACES

August is fast-approaching and we’re starting to wonder what we’ve done with our summers. We at 4E believe that summer vacations were built for travel, so here are the top 7 places we know that you wish you were for the summer.

7. Sydney, Australia

SYDNEY

Australia, the land Down Under, the home of the most poisonous species per capita in the world and a great place to spend the remainder of a summer – even if it’s technically winter there right now. There’s the beautiful Opera House, the miles of beaches AND the ultimate destination for marine bio fans – the Great Barrier Reef. If you’ve ever considered trying snorkeleing or scuba diving or are a seasoned expert looking to check out a tropical fishy paradise, this reef is the biggest on the planet. If you can get past the box jellyfish, the great white sharks and the abundance of tiny things that can kill you, there’s nowhere quite like Aussie-land.

6. Jackson Hole, WY

jackson hole

Middle America may not be the first place you think of to spend a relaxing summer, but the least populated state in the US has some of the best places to take in the beauty of nature. Take, Jackson Hole for example. Complete with a skyline dominated by the Grand Teton mountain range (named by French trappers who hadn’t seen women in years, hence the name that translates to “big boobs”) and landscapes full of lakes and the gorgeous Snake River and LOTS of elk, moose and buffalo. Yellowstone National Park is nearby too, so you can check out the Old Faithful geyser and the boiling mudpots. Be sure to hit up the Chuckwagon in Moose Junction for

5. Prague, Czech Republic

prague

Prague is one of the most underrated cities in Europe. Gorgeous architecture and boulevards, museums, and beautiful scenery – the Czechs got it all. It’s also a great jumping off point to visit the rest of Central and Eastern Europe and has one of the most fascinating histories of any city in the world. They threw off the yoke of the Soviet Union in a BIG way during the Prague Spring and they have settled MULTIPLE historical disputes  by throwing people out of windows. These so called “Defenestrations of Prague” were pretty violent, but any excuse to use the word defenestration is cool in my book.

4. San Diego, CA

san diego

I’m biased because this is my hometown, where I’m spending my summer and I need friends. So come visit me. There are more beaches than you can possibly imagine, perfect weather (74 degrees and sunny) and Legoland, SeaWorld and World Famous San Diego Zoo! If Anchorman got one thing right, it was my city’s obsession with giant pandas. San Diego is a lot like Los Angeles, minus the traffic, smog, and Hollywood pretentiousness. So basically it’s perfect (not that I’m biased or anything).

3. The Island of Fiji

fiji

White sand beaches, cute guys and gals in swimsuits, fruity drinks with cheesy paper umbrellas in them and an ocean that is as warm as some people’s jacuzzis. The island of Fiji is about as close to paradise as you can get and nothing sounds quite as relaxing as lying on the sand, reading a book and casually powering through pina coladas and margaritas. It’s the opposite of school year stress.

2/1. Washington DC/Home

dc

If you are reading this from wherever you call home, chances are you wish you were back in Washington DC. Readjusting to life under the control of your parents is annoying and your minimum wage job is a drag so you probably find yourself dreaming of picnics on the National Mall and dartys with your friends on the weekends. However, if you are one of the lucky ones hanging out in DC this summer, you probably are missing the comforts of home. A mom to do your laundry and feed you is sounding pretty good right about now, and the humidity and overabundance of rain has you dreaming of your hometown. Either way, the grass is greener on the other side.