Two Students Wake to Find Strangers in Their Rooms

Two Georgetown students woke early Saturday morning to find unknown men in their rooms in LXR Hall.

In the first incident, reported in a Public Safety Alert at 10:59 p.m. on Saturday night, a student woke at 3:30 a.m. to find an unknown man in her LXR room.

According to the PSA, the student woke to a stranger shaking her shoulder and witnessed the suspect exiting the room. A roommate who was downstairs at the time saw him flee the residence. The victim was not harmed, and no valuables were taken from the scene.

The suspect, described as a white male with freckles, approximately six feet tall and of medium build, was wearing a dark crew shirt, a striped maroon sweater and tan pants.

The second incident occurred an hour later, when another LXR resident woke at 4:30 a.m. and found an unknown man lying in bed with her.

The student screamed upon awakening, and the suspect fled the room. He was last seen running through the LXR courtyard,  climbing the fence and running west on Prospect Street. As in the earlier incident, the victim was not physically harmed and no valuables were taken.

The suspect in the second incident is described as a South Asian male, approximately 6 feet tall and of medium build, with short black hair. He was also wearing a black sweater with collared shirt and tan pants.

“There’s an ongoing investigation and both [Metropolitan Police Department] and [the Department of Public Safety] are keeping a close eye on that area and we’re working to find information on both the cases,” said Joseph Smith, the associate director of DPS.

In spite of the similarities between the incidents, Smith said that there was no definite correlation.

“I can’t really say that there’s anything that connects them,” Smith said. “There’s a similarity but I can’t really say that there’s a definitive link.”

The incident resembles other occurrences where sleeping women in and around the Georgetown community awoke to find unknown men in their beds in 2008 and 2009. Though the specifics of the incidents often differed widely, the victims were always female and the suspects fled as soon as the victim woke up.

Smith could not comment on the resemblance between these and past incidents due to the ongoing investigations.