An Interview with Jack DeGioia

Today, the Washington Post ran a special interview with Georgetown President Jack DeGioia, who talked about his style of leadership, the challenges the Hilltop currently faces and his goals for the university’s future. Here’s a peek at what President DeGioia had to say:

09.06.11news-flickr-degioia-editThere is no substitute for face-to-face encounters. This year, I will deliver about 230 speeches to a mostly Georgetown audience of one size or another. Probably most important for me are a regular series of town halls were I report out on the issues, challenges and progress to date and take questions from the members of our community. We’ve also tried to use social media in a way that enables us to reach a broader audience. We have found Facebook to be particularly effective to share some of the activities that I am personally engaged in and that characterize what the university is doing.

For the full interview and more, click here, and be sure to share your thoughts and reactions with us in the comments section below.

Photo: wamu.org