Dinner with 7 “Strangers”: A Recipe for Disaster?

DINNER

A new and mysterious program, Dinner with 7 Strangers, has taken the Hoya world by storm, and 4E has several questions:

Who’s in charge?

What if I get stuck with a bunch of duds?

Is this some type of elaborate scam to expose people who are desperate for friends?

Although the premise of the program is to meet new people and have dinner with strangers, there’s always the possibility that your dinner might include awkward acquaintances and people you semi-know, or people you never want to see again.

Here are 7 people you might meet at your dinner with 7 “strangers”:

1. You know who they are, but you don’t know if it’s because you stalked them on Facebook one night at 2:00 am. Do they know who you are? Should you address them by name? WHAT DO YOU DO?!?!?!?!
1527

2. That boy you hooked up with at Brown House, only to realize you had Econ and Problem of God together. Also, you’ve butt-dialed him several times despite the fact that you haven’t talked to him since the DFMO. Now you’re sitting across the dinner table from him.
1515

3. Your professor whose class you slept through every single day. Also, your final paper was accidentally written in Comic Sans.

4. Your nightmare roommate from freshman year who you ditched second semester and never talked to again. They ate weird food in your bed and barfed on your pillow, and watching them eat their meal is giving you horrible flashbacks.
1526-1

5. The GERMS worker who rescued you after you fell down Harbin stairs and/or slipped in your own vomit.
1461

6. Your future husband/wife. According to super scientific studies that Blue and Gray tour guides like to relay in order to get overly eager parents excited about grandkids, 70% of Hoyas marry other Hoyas. Wouldn’t it be a great story to tell if you meet your future spouse on what boils down to a blind date with 6 other random people?

7. Hey, you never know, maybe you will get to eat with Bradley Cooper! Can Georgetown Alumni sign up? Please say yes! One date dinner with him and, who knows, maybe you will be on the cover of People.

In reality, Dinner with 7 Strangers sounds really cool and you should sign up. You might get the opportunity to meet some really incredible people *cough* me *cough*. Or you might have the most uncomfortable two hours of your life. Either way, you are sure to have some wonderful stories to tell. Also, free food.

Photos/Gifs: replygif.net, reactiongifs.com, imgur (@gidget), facebook.com