Mr. Georgetown: Who is the Real Prince Charming?

11221941_10153684329494617_2933051681586731882_n

The Fourth Edition is pleased to present to you, the 2015 Mr. Georgetown Pageant contestants. This year, The Mr. Georgetown Pageant’s theme is Cinderfella and the Disney Princes.

Will they be like this?

giphy

Or more like this?

tumblr_nibzyxd2Hh1qhn17jo1_500

You be the judge. Let’s meet the boys:

Deep Dheri- MR. GUGS

Deep

Hometown: Montville, NJ
School: MSB
Major: Finance & Accounting

What do you love most about your organization? The weekly GUGS grill is the happiest part of my week, every week. From rolling the 150 pounds of raw meat to serving the freshman (or senior) who’s never had a juicy GUGS burger, along with all of the conversations and cornhole that occurs in between, makes for a perfect Friday afternoon.

What is your most beautiful feature? My naturally long and voluminous eyelashes.

What is your spirit animal? Duck. I’m cool, calm and collected on the surface but paddling ferociously under the water.

Joe Luther- MR. GUSA

12043128_10153686386219617_3102728706372332295_n

Hometown: My hometown is River Forest, Illinois. I know because I edited its Wikipedia page one time.
School: What college am I in? I’m in the college.
Major: I am a government major with minors in psychology and sociology, respectively.

What do you love most about your organization? That I can take as many napkins as I want from Chipotle and no one says anything.

What is your most beautiful feature? That my organs all work together like a high school football team before the big game.

What is your favorite song to sing? “The Charge of the Light Brigade” by Alfred Lord Tennyson

Connor Rohan- MR. IMPROV

Connor

Hometown: I’m from Delmar, NY, which is a hamlet in the town of Bethlehem which is a suburb of Albany, NY which is the capital and 6th largest city in New York State. Albany is also known for being one of the least friendly cities in the world.
School: Georgetown College
Major: Government and English

What do you love most about your organization? I love that improv teaches me to flawlessly navigate a testimony before a grand jury without getting caught up in my lies and being sent to prison. Thanks to the Georgetown Improv Association, I’ll never have to pay for my wicked deeds and die in a six by eight foot concrete cell. Thanks, Improv!

What is your most beautiful feature? If Dove advertisements have taught me anything, it’s that everyone is beautiful. It doesn’t matter what you look like on the outside. it’s what’s inside that counts. Black or white, male or female, young or old, short or tall, you are beautiful! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! That being said, probably my legs and ass.

What is your favorite song to sing? My band in high school (Rutnik Family Clambake) used to play Whats Up by 4 Non Blondes a lot. We won a talent competition with it once. Very fun song to sing.

Josh Tsung- MR. AASA

Josh

Hometown: Fairfax, VA. But I go home often to the motherland (Taiwan).
School: College
Major: Economics

What do you love most about your organization? I love many things about AASA (Asian American Student Association)- from the events they host to the people in it. The best thing about AASA is that it’s a family- one that brings everyone in as their own, makes you feel comfortable, and creates the culture you want to be a part of when you’re here at Georgetown. Everyone gets along well, jokes around with one another, and we literally do everything together! It’s awesome, I wouldn’t it trade it for the world.

What is your most beautiful feature? People always compliment my butt. But I want to say my most beautiful feature is my smile 🙂

What is your favorite song to sing? I usually don’t know any lyrics to songs but among the few songs I do know the lyrics to, it’d be a toss up between Wannabe- Spice Girls and Where is the Love- Black Eyed Peas. Anything throwback is a go!

Edwin Lopez- MR. IRC

Edwin

Hometown: El Paso, Texas / Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua (#borderlands).
School: School of Foreign Service
Major: Regional and Comparative Studies between Latin America & Eastern Europe, concentrating on post-violence state development.

What do you love most about your organization? It’s a community of people who love the world! Everyone has a different focus, subject matter, aspiration, etc. I met most of my academic mentors here, and got to participate in fun crisis-simulations, hear ambassadors speak, and be constantly reminded that it is possible to change the world for the better. It was all I wanted Georgetown to be my first few years, and I appreciate the IRC for welcoming me with open arms.

What is your most beautiful feature? I’ve been told it’s my smile, but I rarely look at the mirror and smile at myself, so how about you smile at me next time you’re in Red Square, and I’ll smile back?

What is your spirit animal? Dog (Bichon Frise) – according to the American Kernel Club, the Bichon Frise is “”gentle mannered, sensitive, playful and affectionate,” loves human company, and are bred to be companion dogs.

John Whitmore- MR. NHS ACADEMIC COUNCIL

12075085_10153703145999617_1769568299639573606_n

Hometown: I come from Cleveland, Ohio! I love everything Ohio!
School: NHS
Major: Human Science/Pre Med

What do you love most about your organization? Margot Keale. And the close-knit nature of our community of students and professors. From dinners with the faculty to unforgettable events like Fall Ball (shameless plug), the Nhs academic Council is always seeking to foster these unique NHS relationships. Over the last three years, my greatest student mentors (see you guys there!) at Georgetown have come from this Council, and I want to make all of them proud next week on stage! We also have a killer ratio that would deff get us into Brown House.

What is your most beautiful feature? My body. A smile that was made for selfies. #georgetownstories. Also, I’m humble as fuck.

What is your spirit animal? Sober: Rusty the Dachshund Rusty the Narcoleptic dog; Drunk: Ariana Grande (or at least I try to be)

Sam Wilkins- MR. RELAY FOR LIFE

Sam
Hometown: Sellersville, Pennsylvania
School: College
Major: Government/Theology double Major

What do you love most about your organization? The people. Through Relay For Life, I have met some of the most passionate, dedicated, and energetic people at Georgetown. From the times I make a total fool of myself at bonding events to the moments when I open up about my Mom’s battle with cancer–I know these people will always be there for me, and will never stop fighting for a cure.

What is your most beautiful feature? My disproportionately large butt…thanks Dad.

What is your favorite song to sing? “Paradise By the Dashboard Lights” by Meat Loaf.

Bryn Bogan- MR. NSO

Bryn

Hometown: Chesapeake City, Maryland
School: College
Major: Government (really original, I know)

What do you love most about your organization? There truly isn’t anything else at Georgetown as uplifting as the Saturday of move-in when you walk around campus and see yourself surrounded by smiling parents and slightly embarrassed but equally excited new students being guided to their residence halls and various other offices by OAs and other NSO staff. Never before have I experienced something in which so many people from various backgrounds and communities on the Hilltop come together under one mission quite in the same way as NSO.

What is your most beautiful feature? I mean, have you seen my hair…?

What is your favorite song to sing? I’m going to cheat and say three: 1) Wake Me Up – Avicii (NSO 2013), 2) Shower – Becky G (NSO 2014), 3) Love Myself – Hailee Steinfeld (NSO 2015)

Rob DePaolo- MR. THE HOYA

Rob

Hometown: New Rochelle, New York
School: College
Major: History major and Italian minor

What do you love most about your organization? I’d have to say I love the people most. Producing a paper twice a week is really tough, but part of the reason I enjoyed it so much is I did it with a group of people I now consider great friends. Working hard but having fun at the same time was hard to do, but we struck a balance and made a lot of memories in the process.

What is your most beautiful feature? I’d have to say my hands. They’re very dainty and smaller than one would expect for my size. It catches people off guard, but they’re still quite elegant. Perhaps, like George Costanza, I could be a hand model.

What is your spirit animal? The river otter is what I identify with — I love a good romp.

Kevin Tian- MR. CLUB VOLLEYBALL

11219299_10153693730619617_860350038834354258_n

Hometown: Acton, MA
School: MSB
Major: CS and Finance

What do you love most about your organization? My teammates. We have an interesting arrangement of crazy personalities, but they’re all great guys who know how to work hard, have fun and stick together through tough times.

What is your most beautiful feature? My smile.

What is your favorite song to sing? That changes everyday and depends on the mood, but I’m feling “All I Do” by Majid Jordan at the moment.

Matt Fried- MR. ULTIMATE FRISBEE

Matt

Hometown: Ashland, KY
School: College
Major: Government

What do you love most about your organization? Ultimate was the first family I found at Georgetown.  They’ve always been there for me and always will be.

What is your most beautiful feature? I have an eye of the beholder.

What is your favorite song to sing? It’s tough to beat Gwen Stefani’s classic “Hollaback Girl.” B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Walter Kelly- MR. BLACK STUDENT ALLIANCE

Walter

Hometown: Linwood, NJ
School: College
Major: English and minoring in Film and Media Studies

What do you love most about your organization? I love the strong sense of community that the BSA builds. Meetings are always thought provoking and engaging, social gatherings feel like family reunions and everyone in the BSA knows how to turn up!!!

What is your most beautiful feature? It’s a tie between my creative spirit and my left eyebrow.

What is your spirit animal? James Earl Jones’s voice.

James Davis- MR. RUNNING CLUB

James

Hometown: Gainesville, FL
School: College
Major: Biology (Pre-Med)

What do you love most about your organization? It’s so tough to pick just one thing, but I’d have to say that I love that GRC is open to all levels of ability. There’s no tryout, audition, or application, so it’s open to anyone, and we have some people who come once a month just to hang out with the group, and others who train 6 days a week with us and travel and compete. This creates a really unique team atmosphere that’s pretty tough to beat. It facilitates friendships like no other, and it also reminds a lot of people who may have gotten caught up in the stress of competition in high school how to really enjoy running again.

What is your most beautiful feature? A girl once told me, “Your eyes are like the Pacific Ocean, and I want to swim in them,” so maybe my eyes.

What is your spirit animal? I always have a hard time with this question…I’d probably have to go with a gator. Chomp chomp.

Maurice McCaulley- MR. ALPHA PHI OMEGA

Maurice
Hometown: Huntsville, AL
School: SFS
Major:Culture and Politics (CULPie)

What do you love most about your organization? SERVICE! being able to serve with the diverse DC community has been really rewarding. I pledged because of the service and I stayed because of service and the amazing friends I made.

What is your most beautiful feature? I love making other people laugh! I really think laughing is an aphrodiasic and if more people laughed the world would be a better place. With that, I have a killer smile (as Tyra woudl say I got the smize down).

What is your spirit animal? Hands down, no question: White Tiger…. did you know that white tigers are genetically mutated and while EXTREMELY beautiful they live most days in pain because their brains are too big for their skulls? Beauty is pain, I guess. I feel, just like the white tiger, I am too beautiful for this world.

Neal Chaudhuri- MR. ESCAPE

Neal

Hometown: Arlington, VA
School: College
Major: Biology

What do you love most about your organization? ESCAPE is a place where people ask, “How are you doing?” and they actually want to hear the answer. There is so much less pressure to say “good” or “well,” especially if you are not feeling great.  Freshman year, I thought I had to convince so many people at Georgetown that I had it all together. I didn’t want people to see me as vulnerable or struggling to adjust to this new environment. On ESCAPE, hearing about and connecting to other students’ experiences allowed me to feel less alone at Georgetown. That is what I and all other ESCAPE leaders hope to provide: a place where first-year students can feel vulnerable, feel valued, and can eat as many s’mores as they want. One of the greatest lessons I learned through ESCAPE is that my vulnerability is my strength, and I am forever grateful to be a part of this program.

What is your most beautiful feature? I have a mutant white hair on my right arm. It grows longer than all my other arm hairs.

What is your favorite song to sing? “Lose Control” by Missy Elliott.

Chris Rom- MR. GERMS

Chris
Hometown: Arlington, VA
School: College
Major: Chemistry

What do you love most about your organization? Helping people in the Georgetown community when they really need it is immensely gratifying, especially since I have the privilege to work with the other awesome members of GERMS while doing so.

What is your most beautiful feature? The shining aura of my positivity.

What is your favorite song to sing? GERMS only has a siren song (lol, top joke that Mr. GUSA), which I can’t quite sing, so I have to split between “Shower” by Becky G and “All I Want for Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey, parts of my NSO 2014 and GRC heritage.

Ed Crotty- MR. PHANTOMS

Ed

Hometown:Cleveland, Ohio
School: MSB
Major: Finance and Accounting

What do you love most about your organization? If I had to pick just one thing I’d say it’s how much I’ve learned from other Phantoms. Since I entered the group over 3 years ago I’ve been surrounded by some of the most talented musicians and people I’ve ever met. Becoming close to them has helped me grow so much as a vocalist and has pushed me to become more involved in other areas on campus, and I wouldn’t trade the experience for anything. Well, maybe I’d trade it for the Crown of Mr. Georgetown…

What is your most beautiful feature? My doctor once told me that I had a really nice uvula.

What is your spirit animal? My dog, Amber. She’s basically me if I had no inhibitions. And was colorblind. And was a dog.

Randy Puno- MR. CLUB FILIPINO

Randy

Hometown: Manila, Philippines
School: College
Major: Economics

What do you love most about your organization? We eat so much food. Like literally we’re always eating. I cannot begin to imagine how many sacks of rice and cans of spam I’ve devoured over the last 3 years. We eat a ridiculous amount of food. But in all seriousness, Club Filipino is one big family. I can’t imagine my Georgetown experience without my super funny, ultra-werid, and genuinely great group of CF kapatids.

What is your most beautiful feature? Probably my eyebrows, I have been known to make them do the wave at parties.

What is your favorite song to sing? Anything by Walk the Moon.

Spencer Crawford- MR. TRIATHLON

Spencer
Hometown: I’m from a small city called Maumee in the great state of Ohio.
School: School of Foreign Service
Major: I’m studying STIA with a concentration in Biotechnology and Global Health and I’m pursuing a certificate in Religion, Ethics, and World Affairs.

What do you love most about your organization? I love that the captains still consider me a part of the team despite having attended 0 swim practices. Ever.

What is your most beautiful feature? In general, I’m a pretty optimistic person, probably as the result of my mom’s boundless positivity. I’d say my best feature is being able to glean the positive out of almost any situation.

What is your spirit animal? Without a doubt, I am a baboon.

Which prince has stolen your heart? Buy your tickets while you can and be sure to make it to the show this Friday Oct. 9 at 7pm.

[cardoza_wp_poll id=36]