PSA: Microsoft Wants To Tell You How Old You Are

numbersHave you ever wondered how old you really look?  Maybe you’re just curious what bouncers really think when you hand them your ID and they laugh in your face?  Because let’s be honest, no one at Piano Bar is buying that you’re 26.  Regardless of your purpose, Microsoft is now here to help.

The tech company just launched a facial recognition tool that supposedly accurately predicts both your age and gender in a picture using a set of algorithms.  Sounds pretty complicated, right?  Well, all you have to do is visit www.how-old.net, upload a photo of yourself and let the software do the rest of the work.  The tool started out as a small demo test, as the website information was only released to 50 people via email from Microsoft.  The response was overwhelming, and the website started to blow up.  Two members of Microsoft’s machine learning group wrote on their official blog, “We were shocked.  Within a few hours, over 35,000 users had hit the page from all over the world.”

While the new technology is certainly exciting, many users are complaining about the inaccuracy of the age recognition setting.  In order to give you a sample of just how hilarious these age predictions are, we here at 4E took it upon ourselves to give the system a test drive and share our results with you.

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 12.37.08 PM

Despite what Microsoft seems to believe, Kylie and Kendall Jenner are not in their 20’s.  They’re actually both still teens…so that’s awkward.

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 12.35.00 PMWe thought that using a picture of Ariana Grande in a baby buggy with a pacifier in her mouth might make Microsoft think she actually is a toddler.  However, it seems to have had the opposite effect as she’s really just 21.

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 12.28.34 PM

Now there’s no way this can be accurate! Todd doesn’t look a day over 27…c’mon Microsoft, this one should have been a no brainer.

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 12.30.48 PM

Leave it to Georgetown alum, Bradley Cooper, to actually have Microsoft underestimate his age.  He’s actually 40, but hey age is just a number, right?

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 12.33.04 PM

While the inaccuracy of the Bieb’s age is pretty funny, it’s even more hilarious that Microsoft happens to think he’s a female.  Now we’re just waiting for the Beliebers to start a protest.

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 12.24.33 PM

This one couldn’t be more inaccurate.  Anyone who’s anyone knows this is a picture of Benjamin Button, who’s actually about 8 not 76. How Microsoft got this one wrong, no one will ever know.

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 12.22.56 PMFinally, 4E decided to test out the program on a picture of some of our very own bloggers.  We just loved the Hilltop so much that we stayed a few extra years, we’re just redefining being a “super senior”.

So go ahead and try out Microsoft’s new tool.  But please, don’t get insulted if it seems to think you’re about 20 years older than you actually are…

Source: fourtune.com, the guardian.com
Photos/Gifs: giphy.com, internetvideoarchive.com, georgetown.edu, facebook.com, gannett.com, perezhilton.com, fccst.com