The Procrastinator’s Guide To The Galaxy: Whoogles

Screen Shot 2013-01-27 at 3.43.24 PM

Hey there, Hoyas! I would say happy Sunday, but chances are most of you are very “tired” and aren’t feeling too happy about all of the work that you let pile up for today, or your midterms that are just around the corner.  Since we at The Fourth Edition understand that doing nothing is often a much more enticing option, here is another installment of The Procrastinator’s Guide To The Galaxy!

Have you ever entered a Google search that embarrassed you? One that you couldn’t quite believe you were typing into that search bar?  Maybe it was after a long night out, and you were stuck googling “How to get (insert stain) out of (insert: carpet, clothes, shoes, etc)”.  Maybe you were Web MDing some strange symptoms that you or a friend came down with. Or maybe a heated debate amongst friends resulted in you being elected to search for a random, yet disturbing, bit of trivia.  Whatever the cause, in the Internet Age where a laptop or iPhone is always in reach, these utterly ridiculous Google searches are inevitable.  However, this week’s procrastination website should leave all of you embarrassed searchers feeling much better about yourselves.

Let me present to you the world of Whoogles. The website name comes from the age-old question “Who Googled that?” Believe me, in all of these cases, it is a very valid question.  Whoogles takes a closer look at the “Suggested Search” bar, revealing some very startling uses for Google.  Very innocent searches (for example: type in “can I m”) leaded to suggested questions that no one should ask (“can I milk my hamster?”).  Enjoy procrastinating, get a few laughs, and get over your embarrassment for having to Google “how do I get pee off of my shoes”.  Who knows, next time you are using Google to research for a paper, maybe you will stumble on some “whoogles” of your own.