Why You Really Wanted to Join 4E for Christmas…

apply to write for 4eChristmas has come and gone. While the presents and food were fantastic, we know that for you there was still something missing underneath the tree. At one point, we were all there, too. We all shared that feeling of emptiness, that feeling of having one secret, lurking, unfulfilled Christmas wish. And, lucky for you, we know exactly what that wish is: You want to join 4E, don’t you?

Lucky for you, ’tis the season for new hires! All Georgetown students dream of being a part of 4E. (At least they should.) The Hoya is a pervasive part of the Georgetown community, and 4E is one of the most dynamic and exciting sections (sorry, not sorry, other Hoya members, I’m biased). Although applications don’t emerge until January, it is never too early to think about the endless possibilities that could present themselves if you join our intellectual (and attractive) staff!

Still not convinced? Check out the list below to find out why joining 4E is the gift that you didn’t receive (but still can get) for Christmas:

1. Don’t you wanna be like us? We are hip, we are cool and we surf the web. We’re also obsessed with the latest fads. Gifs? We love them. Quirky news? We’re your source. Creative approaches to journalism? We’re all about dat lyfe. Wisey’s sandwiches? Can’t get enough. We want to be website that you and your friends scroll through during theology class … and to keep the addictive pieces coming, we need your help!

2. Best friends 4E is a really, really, really good time. Our bloggers are super close friends, and the majority of our meetings end in uncontrollable laughter. It is comical how comical we are, and we’re always looking for eager minds to join the fun along with us.

best-friends.jpg

3. F is for FUN Writing for 4E is a party. It doesn’t even feel like work. (There are deadlines, though, and we still carry the integrity and professionalism of The Hoya brand.) That being said, our section is always relaxed, creative and cool. Part of what makes blogging so exciting is the freedom to write about what we like and the ability to think of post ideas ourselves. You like politics? Write about it! Are you a fashion fanatic? Show off your style! Have a unique idea that Georgetowners would love? Share it – and share it with us! At 4E, we encourage one another to be ourselves and come up with our own innovative content.

4. NAPS 4E is a major proponent of napping. If we had our say, napping would be a national sport. Do you have what it takes to join our team? Sleep all day, blog all night. Nap in the middle of writing a blog post (as long as you make deadline). You’ll dream of sugar plums and sparkling blog content!

5. Storytelling The 4E loves to do staff collaborations. We all take turns adding our own personal touches and end up with a fabulous product. What parts will you bring to our story? Are you our action hero? Our science junkie? The average guy (who happens to love current events)? We want you to add your special spin to our 4E narrative.

6. Newsies Not everything is gifs and glitter. 4E also likes to write about serious items. When writing companion pieces with The Hoya, we put our own spin on interesting and relevant content. Informative, outside-the-box and funny … 4E is such a triple threat.

7. TV-aholics TV and Netflix are important parts of the 4E sphere of influence. (I can personally attest to my own Netflix addiction.) What better reason to procrastinate studying than watching TV for a blog post you’re required to write? Television shows may take over our lives at times, but they provide us bloggers with plenty to talk/write about. And if they’re watched in the name of putting out new content, then it’s a sacrifice we’re willing to make.

8. PUPPIES We love our mascots more than anything. Join 4E to look at and write about this adorable face. You know you want to …

IMG_3329… and how can you say no to that?

9. Snack and Play Every week, we name a Blogger of the Week who goes above and beyond with his or her work. This blogger is awarded with food, cupcakes, milkshakes, coffee and/or other amazing prizes. In fact, the bloggers are currently in the midst of a friendly post battle for a delicious Tombs dinner! Some of us even take our work to the big leagues and compete for The Hoya’s coveted Staffer of the Week prize. At 4E, your hard work gets rewarded. (And most of the time, it doesn’t even feel like work.)

10. Fixat10n Nation Music makes us lose control. Misdemeanor’s in the house! Ciara’s in the house! I’ve got a cute face, chubby waste … ahem. What I, uh, meant to say was that our Friday Fixat10ns playlists incorporate blogging expertise with some pretty amazing tunes. Bonus: The playlists are also themed. So if you like music, you should probably join 4E.

There are still a million other reasons why being on 4E is totally the Christmas gift you never got … but still can get. The only way you can truly find out why 4E is so awesome is to apply and experience it for yourself. Applications are coming soon, so in the meantime, ask questions to any of our writers or email us at [email protected] to learn more about the 4E life.

The bottom line: APPLY TO THE BLOG. (And tell your friends to apply, too!) We would love to have you, as long as you think we are really pretty.Mean-Girls-GIF-Regina-George-Rachel-McAdams-You-Think-Youre-Really-Pretty

So you agree? You think 4E is really pretty?

GIFS: tumblr; Photo: Daniel Smith/The Hoya