A New Celebrity Food Truck for the District

Celebrity chef José Andrés is opening up a new restaurant to compliment his already  extensive presence in the D.C. area. Unlike his current restaurants though, this one will move around.

Andrés started serving food from Pepe, his Spanish-themed food truck, in D.C. over Spring Break, but though its been bopping around the District to serve hungry offices every lunchtime, it still hasn’t visited the Hilltop.

According to DCist, Andrés views his food truck as a test market for his already successful D.C.-area restaurants: Jaleo in Chinatown, Crystal City and Bethesda; America Eats Tavern near the National Archives; Zaytinya near the Verizon Center and Oyamel in Penn Quarter.

Pepe offers eight Spanish-themed sandwiches, and the full menu can be viewed here. We can’t wait to get our taste of this new food truck with sandwiches like the Pepito de Ternera, a sandwich of beef tenderloin, piquillo peppers, caramelized onions and blue cheese.

To check on the daily progress of the District’s latest celebrity food truck, be sure to check its Twitter page. If Spanish isn’t your jam, but you still want to check out one of D.C.’s famed trucks, check out Washington Post’s Going Out Guide for a list of where to start your culinary truck adventure.