Crazy Uber Stories

uber

For those of you who live under a rock, Uber is a really cool app that allows you to order a driver right to your location. The drivers are real people driving their own cars, so you can imagine that they meet some pretty weird individuals on the job. We at 4E have compiled some of our favorite bizarre Uber stories to give you a look into what really goes on in the backs of those black cars.

giphy

Story #1: Last week this middle-aged white guy got in, and he was drunk with his hair all slicked back. He said he was going to go meet this lady: “I hooked up with this chick seventeen years ago, but this week I met her on some dating app, and she doesn’t know it’s me. I’ve been calling her and she’s saying, ‘I don’t know if I want to meet you.’ So I’m just going to surprise her today.” So then I was like “If she’s not comfortable meeting you, I’m not comfortable taking you.” He changed the subject and started talking about all the cocaine he’s been doing, and, I mean, I’m a big guy – 6’2″ and 240 pounds, but I started to feel uncomfortable. I acted like the car was tripping out on me, having all these problems and I pulled over and when he got out I drove off on him.

Story #2: I’ve had people in my car passed out drunk. That was super uncomfortable.

Story #3: I’ve only been a driver for two months, but a few weeks ago a guy and a girl got in the back of the car and they were making out and stuff, so I turned on the radio louder so I wouldn’t have to hear it. And I thought I heard him unbuckle his belt, but I was hoping that he just wanted to tuck in his shirt or something. Then he leaned in my ear and started asking if I could pull over and give them a minute. I was horrified and started to say no, so he got the girl to lean over to me and tell me it was consensual. I was at least glad they asked me, because I knew I could say no, but when they were just taking off his pants it would’ve been harder to tell them to stop. I told them that if they really needed to do something, they could get out of my car. They did.

If these incidents don’t have you guys itching to become Uber drivers, remember that you keep 80% of the ride fare and a lot of good stories to tell your friends.

Photos/Gifs: giphy.com; forbes.com