Name a Baby Panda!

panda

It’s so cute, I’m crying. The Smithsonian National Zoo, just around the corner in D.C., is deciding on a name for its baby panda bear. On December 1, when the baby panda turns 100 days old, she’ll officially be given one of these five names:

precious, treasure.

arling, delicate flower. 

charming dragon.

Chinese warrior in the fifth century, who we all know and love from the Disney movie. Mulan also means magnolia flower.

treasure or valuable. 

The best part? You get to choose which one the little cuddle bear gets! Well, it’s not completely up to you but you get to vote on it! You may know the tiny cutie pie from The Giant Panda Cam (no it’s not the camera that’s giant) that lives streams from the Smithsonian Zoo’s website and follows the baby and her mother throughout the day. If you’ve been watching that Panda Cam for a while I can imagine you’d be pretty attached because I fell in love with the little black and white cookie in the few minutes that it took to watch this video:

You can vote on your favorite name HERE! And if you really feel passionately about it (which I certainly do!) you can vote every 24 hours until November 22 when voting closes. Good luck choosing a name *cough* Long Yun *cough* and good luck trying to hold back tears in Lau as you watch that baby-mama-panda video over and over again.