Justin Bieber: This is One of Those Times When You Say “Never”

anne frank

To prepare you for this little tidbit of news, I must first define two major terms:

Belieber: One who is an obsessive fan of Justin Bieber (courtesy of Urban Dictionary)

Anne Frank: A teenage Dutch Jewish girl who hid from the Nazis for two years in World War II. She lived with her family and several friends in a secret apartment in a warehouse in Amsterdam until they were discovered by the Nazis in 1944. She was then sent to a concentration camp where she died of typhus. Anne Frank’s story of her experiences was published after the war as The Diary of a Young Girl.

Got it? Good.

Now, one important distinction between these two terms is that they are not synonymous. But apparently Justin Bieber doesn’t seem to think so.

In a recent visit to the Anne Frank House, Bieber wrote the following in the guestbook:

Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber.

I will allow you to make of this what you will, but I am of the opinion that a 19-year-old celebrity, whom many young people look up to, should stick a pin in that inflated head of his. The Diary of a Young Girl is not like the diaries of many young girls today; it is not filled with hearts and scribblings of “Mrs. Justin Bieber”.

I wish I could report that my source was The Onion, but sadly, this is the truth.

Source: CNN.com