The New Bloggers Are Here!

new bloggers

Meet the new 4E bloggers because they’re awesome people, you’re about to be reading a lot of their uproarious posts and what else is there to do on a Sunday night?

Michaela Murphy (SFS ’16)michaela

The 5 Most Profound Rap Lyrics of the Ages:

1. “My wrist deserve a shout out I’m like what up wrist” – 2 Chainz, “Fork”
In giving his wrist that simple “what up,” the distinguished lyricist 2 Chainz defies our expectations. He doesn’t aim for classic subtle rap allusion that incorporates ambiguous street terms, but tells it straight, directly addressing his wrist in casual greeting.

2. “Good googly moogly that thang is juicy” – Project Pat, “Good Googly Moogly”
What exactly is juicy? And why googly moogly? What about “Good grief?” or “Good gracious?” By using “googly moogly”, perhaps Pat is implying more than we can ever know. The genius is that Project Pat will always keep us wondering.

3. “Iced out ring, iced out chain, Ellen DeGeneres, you’re so generous” – Lil B, “Ellen DeGeneres”
Playing off of DeGeneres with “generous?” Brilliant. Did Ellen give Lil B the iced out chain? Is that why she’s generous? We can only hope so.

4. “Hologram on my hand gave me a tanned wrist / Diamonds dancing on my fist look like a blank disc / Teriyaki suit with the lemon Fanta / Heavyweight, heartburn, My lanta” –Riff Raff, “Cuz My Gear”
Not much one can say here.

5. “This one’s a beast, but way too wonderful to be compared to an animal, she’s like what I’m sippin’ on … Shirley temple on ice” — Akon, “Day Dreaming”
A great qualifying phrase. Props to Akon for clarifying that he wasn’t trying to be degrading.

Sara Carioscia (COL ’17)

sara

The average Georgetown student’s spirit animal is Jennifer Lawrence.

Like Georgetown students, Jennifer Lawrence is very capable of excelling in trying circumstances (maintaining composure alongside Bradley Cooper in Silver Linings Playbook could not have been easy). JLaw constantly defends her beliefs, which is a main tenet of Georgetown life. She once said it should be illegal for someone to be called “fat” on television. Similarly, Georgetown students constantly fight for understanding and cohesion on campus.

JLaw is seemingly perfect, but exceptionally self-deprecating (recall interviews in which she has revealed personal details or opinions of herself, such as the asymmetry of her breasts and her self-classification as an “obese actress.”) The typical Georgetown student acts similarly. I constantly hear kids say, “I’m not a great writer,” “Math isn’t my strong subject,” “This isn’t my best work,” etc. Meanwhile they won a statewide essay contest, scored 780 on the Math SAT and are about to graduate magna cum laude.

Catherine McNally (NHS ’17)

catherine

The Top 5 Party Picture Poses (and what they say about you):

1. The Skinny Arm
You may be in a sorority or you may not, but one thing is clear: you want to look good. Even when you’re posing in the middle of a Village B apartment filled wall-to-wall with people you don’t know, your main concern will always be embracing your inner Sasha Fierce.

2. The Sun out, Tongue out
You like to party and you want everyone to know just how rowdy you can get. The sun doesn’t even have to be out to warrant this pose because you really are that much of a party animal (but hey, I needed to make it sound catchy).

3. The Casual Peace Sign
This pose could really be interpreted in a variety of ways. For example, you could be a tween girl anxiously waiting outside of a Justin Bieber concert or you could just be throwing it up in ironic reverence of your Myspace days. In either case, you do you.

4. The Number 1
This one is pretty self-explanatory, you’re number one and you know it. Now what you did to earn this ranking, no one quite knows. But that doesn’t matter to you, so keep on throwing up that index finger.

5. The Power Point
You’re the Big Man on Campus and you want everyone to know it. This pose is sort of complementary to the “Skinny Arm” and is oftentimes the go-to pose for true bros.

Elizabeth Harvey (COL ’17)

elizabeth

5 Best Songs to Blast in the Shower

1. “She Will Be Loved” – Maroon 5
I’m not sure what I love most about this song – Adam Levine’s semi-feminine voice, the beautiful lyrics, or its ability to somehow convince you that you’re an amazing singer. You’re not.

2. “Irreplaceable” – Beyoncé
This is an anthem – and it’s only complete if you add some sassy finger-pointing and shampoo bottle-brandishing. “Single Ladies” or “Drunk In Love” are also viable options.

3. “The Middle” – Jimmy Eat World
Warning: Excessive rowdy jumping as induced by this song can lead to serious injury. Proceed with caution.

4. “Complicated” – Avril Lavigne
Let the mascara run down your cheeks, ‘cause this shower just reached a whole new level of angst.

5. “The Scientist” – Coldplay
Feel free to cry – no one can tell through the steam.

Honorable Mention: “Piano Man” – Billy Joel

cristinaserraCristina Serra (SFS ’17)

Top 5 Responses to “I’m from Guatemala.”

1. My gardener (nanny/maid/butler) is from there!

2. I love Mexico!

3. I don’t get how you can be born in Guantanamo Bay. Isn’t that illegal or something?

4. Wow, I’d love to live on an island. So breezy.

5. Is that divided in tribes? Or, like, chiefdoms?

Meg Lizza (COL ’17)

meg

The hyena is the spirit animal of Georgetown

Blatantly underrated in the animal kingdom, yet a complicated and highly intelligent creature, the hyena is most definitely the spirit animal of Georgetown. Sorry Jack, but the hyena embodies the competitive and clever nature that most Hoyas have. Although they are very hard workers, hyenas usually scavenge off other animals in order to survive. Like hyenas, most Georgetown students could not have gotten to where they are now without leaning on their parents and other support systems. Thank you, mom and dad, I am forever grateful. Hyenas also have extremely evolved and diverse social groups. Unsurprisingly, Georgetown offers an array of social groups that are all complex and unique in their own way. Hyenas are very familial, in that they are prideful and loyal to their group. At Georgetown, we are all about that Hoya Saxa, “It’s been so long since last we met”, bleeding Hoya blue spirit. Next time you think hyenas are a competitive herd of scavengers, think again, because there is more to them than meets the eye … and you’re basically one of them.

Photo: 4E’s stellar stalker team