5 Ways to Avoid the Freshman 15

400300p2999ednmain1840avoid-the-freshman-15

*Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or in any shape besides potato*

We all know the conventional ways of staying in shape. No one needs another article telling them to run, eat salad and deprive their life of all things delicious and good. It can definitely be difficult to work out after a long day or not order onion rings from Epi after a great night. However, these are quick and easy ways to keep in you fit without Yates or lettuce because let’s be honest, is it really worth it?

large

1. Wake up 5 minutes before class: No one likes running. Waking up right before class means that not only will you get to sleep more, but you will also be forced to run or sprint to class. Bonus points if your class is in Carbarn.anigif_enhanced-1884-1407190045-7-1432065006

2. Only go to dinner at Leo’s from 6 p.m.—7 p.m.: During this time you will face all sorts of obstacles including a shortage in chairs, silverware and, if you are really lucky, plates/bowl/cups. Scavenging for basic eating utensils will not only give you another great work out of walking around, but also make it difficult to just eat a simple meal. We all know that keeping weight off is 80% diet and 20% exercise!

UUNq4EY

3. Never wake up in time for breakfast: Despite what all the other health articles or what not you have read on always eating breakfast to boost your metabolism, I am urging you to skip breakfast at Leo’s. Leo’s best meal is breakfast, and it will be really hard to resist bacon and pancakes, especially after trying to eat pizza the night before. This is also another great way to get more sleep.

giphy 4. Take a class in ICC: This works kinda in a similar method to tip #1 where if pretty much forces you to stay active. Challenge yourself and never look at a map.

F6DOJT1GUKBEZIT.LARGE

5. Go to Brown House: Once you walk through the door, I promise you will get sweaty within two minutes or less. Not only will the dancing be a good work out, but the heat and humidity of the house acts like sauna. It’s very cleansing and helps your body release toxins, which you really do need after that Natty and Burnetts.

sweat gif

But remember, it’s not just a diet, it’s a lifestyle!

Photos/Gifs: giphy.com, tumblr.com, weheartit.com, https://sororityfitnessathens.com/