All We Want for Christmas is This Way to Search for Classes

Search for classesClassy is a super convenient and – more importantly – super chic way of choosing classes during pre-registration. But now that pre-registration and pre-registration completion are done and I am looking forward to actual registration, add/drop period, post-registration, registration post-game and late-night registration, I’m feeling a bit like a Monday morning quarterback. I got into a few classes I wanted, mostly because I actually added alternative classes this time (oops, I was a hopelessly confused freshman this summer). Still, I’m on the waitlist for probably ten classes, and I’m trying desperately to avoid the Intro to Philosophy class I’m scheduled for because I watched my friends cram for that final and I’m just not down for that kind of stress. Also, a big thank you to everybody for taking all of the Intro to Ethics classes. I wanted that.

I just feel like I could be slightly better off than I already am. And as a true Hoya, I only want the best for myself. For that reason, 4E has compiled a few ideas that could improve our search for the perfect class. Here are some search options we would enjoy immensely:

1. Famous/Georgetown-famous professors We want Madeleine Albright and we want her now! We also want that-guy-who-everybody-talks-about-and-whose-class-is-a-transformative-experience-but-we-can’t-remember-his-name-right-now. You know the one I’m talking about.

2. Easy-A professors Sometimes you just need that one class to slide through. Some second semester seniors need five of those classes. Either way, we want to search for that easy A.

3. Funny professors A professor with a sense of humor can make an 8 a.m. or a ridiculously late Friday class way less painful.

4. Jesuit professors teaching this semester Wait. The 4E already did this for you. You’re welcome.

5. Most interesting classes to fulfill our gen-eds This is for the student who doesn’t want the average Georgetown experience. You’re so alternative.

6. Classes where we’ll meet new friends FRANDS! Let’s get social!

7. Classes where we’ll meet our one true love/a beautiful person we can stare at and will at least keep us awake in a warm, dark lecture class Call me, maybe.

8. A class with no final It’s a happy thought to realize summer awaits us at the end of this semester, but nothing would make us happier than skipping right from Georgetown Day all the way to the beach. Or maybe the Potomac, because the beach is far away. But the Potomac is gross. Yeah, we’re going with the beach.

9. A class that will change our lives A life-changing class would be pretty cool, I guess. Go ahead, blow my mind. I dare you.

10. Any combination of these There’s a combination option on the Classy search, but I have no idea what it does. It should do this.

I know this seems impossible; sorry for asking so much of the world. (But, seriously, The Corp, take notes. If Classy adds this, I will love you more than life itself.) We may not have a magical search bar (yet), but it’s important to remember that our classes will probably still be quite incredible. After all, we go to Georgetown! Hoya Saxa and Merry Christmas!