Senior Memories: Things that Only Seniors Remember

SENIORS

As the first semester has begun to wind down, my nerves about leaving Georgetown in only a few months are increasing. I can barely remember my freshman year, the people I met then feel like people I have known my entire life. However, there are some things that have not been so permanent. From bars to fads, Georgetown has seen a bunch of turnover during the last three years.

So underclassmen, give me this one post to rant. And seniors, join me in my trip down memory lane.

Things Only Seniors Remember:

1. Tuscany’s. The pride and joy of our freshman year. If you didn’t sit on the sidewalk with a large slice, make friends with a stranger or get into a fight about who ordered first than you haven’t lived.

2014-09-04-tumblr_inline_mt5j46eK0A1rr7zxj

2. Rhino. Okay, some underclassman might remember this one. But, only we remember how magical Rhino was once upon a time. Do I miss the idea of it? Yes. Do I actually miss it? To be honest, not at all.

3. Shit Georgetown Girls Say. This video defined my freshman year, and I still recite it weekly. While I was heartbroken that these guys took this video down, I am still petitioning for them to bring it back. Favorite lines include:

• “Does Rhino take Go-Card?”
  • “What to chase with, what to chase with.. Diet Coke, zero cals!”
  • “Betch I’m drunk in Leo’s I need your help.”
  • “He must be cute, he went to Delbarton.”
  • “Son of a betch where is my Go-Card?”

image05_9

5. Reiss Pathway. As a former Darnallian, the Reiss Pathway was basically family to me. Best people watching and easy access to Leavy… what more could you want?! It makes me so incredibly sad that some people think that the construction has always been there. They don’t know the great things they have missed.

6. Omelet Lady. Feel free to correct me, as I have not been to Leo’s in a while, but I’ve heard that the omelet lady no longer exists? How does one get his or her omelet without the signature “getcha omelet” call? That was the only acceptable way to end a weekend.

7. New South before the Heal Fam Stu Cen. I had to explain to a freshman the other day what was in the HFSC’s place prior to its creation… and all I could say was nothing. It literally seems like that building sprung from nowhere. If only it had been around my freshman year, I probably would have been more inclined to study!

8. Leo’s Burrito Bowls. Ugh, back when Leo’s did so many things right. Their burrito bowls were my favorite thing. Like Chipotle, but from a meal swipe! You didn’t even have to pay extra for guac!!
giphy

9. Juicing ‘Cuse in 1 Season. Way back when Syracuse was in the Big East. We were so lucky to see 2 wins against ‘Cuse in only one season. Hopefully we can juice ‘Cuse again this year on Dec. 5!

10. Epi before it became a hotspot. My underclassman sources have informed me that Epi is the new “late night hot spot.” Back in my day, it was just a great place to get a quesadilla and chill with friends. I guess we can blame the loss of both Tuscany’s and Eat & Joy for this one!

Photos/Gifs: huffingtonpost.com; giphy.com; hercampus.com