Staffer of the Week: Eitan Sayag

Staffer of the Week: Eitan Sayag

photo-7

Name Eitan Sayag (Ay-tahn Sigh-aghh)
Position on The Hoya Deputy Campus News Editor/4E Blog Groupie (a.k.a. bloopie)
Year 2016
School SFS

Major Intended major in Regional and Comparative Studies (Middle Eastern Studies)

Hometown Brookeville, Maryland

What did you do to earn staffer of the week?

I wrote a story about the Georgetown Program Board’s recent announcement of Calvin Harris for the spring concert. 

If someone told you that you could only watch 3 movies for the rest of your life, what would they be?

Okay, so I don’t really watch movies, but if I had to choose…I’d have to say Aladdin, hands down. I need a comedy in this…so The Hangover, that’s a fun movie. And…oh god…I don’t know. Some fun, foreign, indie drama, but I don’t know any.

If you could trade lives with anyone in the office for a day, who would it be?

I think Zoe Bertrand (Senior Layout Editor), because I don’t know what goes on inside her head. Not in a bad way or anything, but she’s just really curious.

What is your favorite part about working for The Hoya?

Getting to know everyone on campus. It’s always really awkward, there are so many people I’ve interviewed and whenever I pass them on campus, I never know whether to say hi. I have their phone numbers and emails and know a lot of random facts about them like their schools and years, so I usually just look away and hide under my jacket.

If you could interview anyone for a news story, dead or alive, real or fictional, who would it be?

Just because of the poll that we’re doing, I would totally say Jed Bartlet from The West Wing.