Tips for Tipoff: How To Meet Your Hoya Basketball Needs

Basketball SeasonThe start of the new semester brings with it the end of the NFL regular season, meaning no more Sundays full of football. Thankfully, Georgetown basketball is in full swing, and if you haven’t been keeping up, now is the time. We’re only 15 games into the season (at 11-4), and the second half of the season is upon us. Here are some tips to help you keep up with all your Hoya basketball needs:

Go out to the games! The best thing you can do is buy a ticket, get a group of friends, head down to Verizon Center and cheer the Hoyas on to victory!

Watch the games Whether it’s in Epicurean, in your common room or on a somewhat-sketchy streaming site*, it’s super easy to watch Georgetown basketball whenever it’s on.

Know how the Hoyas’ season is going Inevitably, you won’t be able to watch every game. ESPN does an excellent job of providing up-to-date scores and stats for college basketball, so bookmark and periodically check its page. Or head over to The Hoya for all our latest coverage.

Pray that we make it further in the NCAA Tournament than before That loss to FGCU (we’re still asking the question: who?) last year was tragic and frankly a little embarrassing. Let’s hope we can have a strong end to the season and make it to a semifinal this year!

Now that second semester is upon us, be sure to gather up some friends, pop on a “We Are Georgetown” shirt and go out to support your fellow Hoyas!

*4E does not condone illegally streaming TV channels, though we admire Hoyas who stop at nothing to watch their beloved ballers.

Photo: Alexander Brown for The Hoya