4E Finals Advice

Finals Advice

This is it, everyone. The last day of study days. Tomorrow begins finals, in which a significant portion of your grade is devoted to what you could cram in anywhere from one to more than one days of furious memorizing and practicing.

For those of you who are struggling, we at 4E decided to compile some brief words of advice for you. Embrace them or don’t – not everyone studies the same way. Good luck!

For the super-night owls:
“If you’re still on Lau 5 when the cleaning crew comes to vacuum at 3 a.m., go home.” -Michaela Murphy

For the people who like to sleep in:
“GET TO LAU EARLY. Seats will fill up and you will have nowhere to wallow in your pain. Claim your territory.” -Courtney Klein

For the people who can’t spend a day in Lau without going crazy:
“Break up your time studying with some fun activities. For example, study all morning, then go ice skating or go on a run to the White House, then study the rest of the night. Everything will morph into nothingness if you live in Lau all day.” -Meg Lizza

“While you do have to get studying done, don’t just lock yourself away in Lau for 2 weeks. Some of my best friends and closest friendships were made (or made better) while struggling through (and studying for) finals.” -Max Wheeler

For the people who are already over finals:
“Grab a coffee, head to Lau 2, and be sure to spend most of the night complaining about finals. Surefire path to success.” -Griffin Greco

For people who get distracted easily:
“Don’t try to study with your friends – only share tables with people in the outer circle of friends who you still feel shy about procrastinating in front of; if you get too close to someone you become shameless and get nothing done.” -Sara Carioscia

“AVOID LAU 2! It is a bottomless pit of desperation and sadness that will bring you (and your final grades) down. Stick to Lau 1 or Lau 4 and send your braver friends to 2 for Midnight Mug runs.” -DJ Angelini

For the, shall we say, “unconventional”:
“If you convince yourself that you already know it, then you don’t have to study.” -Kyle Murphy

“Finals advice? Don’t take them.” -Julia Kieserman

And remember:

“It’ll all be over soon… If you survive.” -Catherine McNally

“Just breathe. And when all your finals are over, TREAT YOURSELF.” -Emily Min

“This will all be over in the near future. Finals do end.” -Emma Holland

Photo: wordpress.com