Fall Bucket List

4E's Fall bucket listExcluding the mysterious week of ninety-degree weather we recently experienced, the fall has officially arrived at the Hilltop. From the changing leaves to the swarms of Barbour jackets and Hunter boots, all the signs of a new season have shown themselves. But fall means something a little different for everyone, right? Perhaps your favorite holiday is fast approaching or maybe it means you can finally order that pumpkin spice latte from Saxbys? Either way, we all have our lists of things to do in this leafy wonderland.

Here at 4E, we would like to offer out some of our own fall bucket list contributions. Regardless of what your real class syllabus says, these are the assignments are things you actually need to get done:

1. Pumpkins and Apples These are easily fall’s go-to flavors, and while one could argue they can never get old, a new recipe needs to appear. We’ve seen the hot drinks, warm pastries and delightful-smelling candles but what else can be created? This fall, try to challenge yourself to think of a new combination. In the end, this bucket list check off could be big. Who knows, maybe this could be your legacy at Georgetown or just something else to do instead of homework. Either way it’s a win-win situation.

2. Leo’s S’mores Basically, I’m looking for some student chefs this fall, can’t you tell? But, I really believe that making s’mores at Leo’s is possible. We all see the new desserts as soon as we walk into the culinary beacon that is O’Donovan’s on the Waterfront. Accomplishing this task could be as simple as combining graham crackers from Vittles and the marshmallows and chocolate chips from Leo’s and putting them all together in the microwave. I know it can be done and I’m just looking for the person to do it. (If you are that person, send us your Leo’s s’mores pic or hashtag it with #thefourthedition on Instagram. You might even get featured on 4E’s InstagraMondays! See below)

3. Fall Insta You know what I’m talking about. That big tree outside your dorm you see every morning? Now is the time to make sure you snap a picture of it on that perfect sunny and breezy day. Just wait for the moment when it has the ideal blend of red, yellow, green and orange. This tree photo could even lead to you achieving a personal record high number of likes on Instagram. Do you know why? Because if a beautiful moment happens in nature, and someone doesn’t take a picture of it, people will start to wonder if it ever really happened (See recent sunset pictures for further proof).

4. Football Games This may be blasphemous on my part, but it took my Uncle visiting – a former Fordham alumni – to tell me who we were playing this Saturday at our football game … which is something I don’t want to talk about. Really, though: what could be more picturesque than standing in the bleachers cheering on your fellow Hoyas, while sipping that warm drink of choice on a crisp, fall Saturday? It’s a nice way to enjoy your weekend afternoon and raise school spirit at the same time. Bring some friends or, better yet, make it a dorm-floor event! The fall weather provides a great atmosphere where you are not too hot, but not too cold, all you need is a light jacket (even though we’re far away from April 25th). And for those that are worried they might not have the knowledge to go to a football game, again, have no fear: The Fourth Edition can help you out there as well.

In the meantime, get out there Hoyas! Take on your fall bucket list before the weather gets cold and the government defaults on its debt payments!

Photo: Making Moments