Best Bets: Let Your Inner Bear Out

Friday

Enjoy the last rays of summer with The Golden Triangle BID’s “Picnic in the Park,” from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Make it to Murrow Park at 18th and H Streets for the chance to play lawn games and win some giveaways and eat free food.

I’m from New York so I’m partial to these Brooklyn natives, which means you should be too, naturally. Check out the Grizzly Bear (pictured) show Friday at the 9:30 club. Tickets ‘say’ they are sold out on the 9:30 website, but we all know how much fun Craigslist can be, so give it a go if you’re so inclined.

Saturday

Head to Fort Dupont Park in Northeast for Live Well DC from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. You’ll be greeted with a farmer’s market with free samples, free yoga classes, live music and giveaways. Did you say free stuff? Why yes, yes I did.

If you’re more of a lover of theater, hit up Washington Post’s Editor’s Pick, Hamlet at Folger Theatre for the last day of its production. Shows run at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. We all know how nice it is to sit in one place after a hard Friday night out. If you can entertain yourself while doing it, why not?

Sunday

Attend the Parade of Nations on Pennsylvania Avenue from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. As part of Fiesta DC (Catchy title, we like) there will be live music, vendors and of course, Latino culture.

Photo: https://theorangepress.net/2012/06/grizzly-bear-sleeping-ute-2012-dates/