Chick-fil-A Truck Delayed

Last month, we started salivating in anticipation of a Chick-fil-A food truck hitting the streets of D.C. This week, we heard that we’ll have to wait a bit longer for that famous chicken sandwich.

The truck, which was supposed to hit the streets on Monday, will likely not satiate chicken desires in the District for another two weeks, reports NBC4. And there’s more bad news for Chick-fil-A fans — the truck won’t be serving some of Chick-fil-A’s signature treats, including waffle fries, sweet tea and lemonade.

Also, in our last post expressing our initial excitement for the Chick-fil-A food truck, many of you voiced concerns over the company’s political. For those of you that feel strongly about Chick-Fil-A’s political stance, don’t visit the food truck. We found a couple of local restaurants that food bloggers around the city seem to think serve a great fried chicken — Georgia Brown’s Restaurant (950 15th St. NW), Henry’s Soul Cafe (1704 U St. NW) or, for a more upscale scene, Central Michel Richard (1001 Pennsylvania Ave. NW) — are universally highly acclaimed. Other D.C. blogs saw similar concerns, so we decided we’d follow suit in showing y’all a hilarious (albeit slightly inappropriate) music video DCist found about the Chick-fil-A/LGBT rights issue.