Friday Fixat10ns: Singles Appreciation Day

[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”https://8tracks.com/mixes/1399430″]

Valentine’s Day can be a tough time for single people, and it certainly hasn’t helped ease anyone’s suffering that there were also midterms this week. But whether your date was with a stack of homework or  your good friends Ben, Jerry and Ryan Gosling last night, you may not have been feeling a whole lot of love if you’re single.  But now it’s Friday, it’s (apparently) Singles Appreciation Day, and it’s time to mingle in only ways that single college students can! So if these activities didn’t satisfy your thirst for adventure and you couldn’t find love on any of these sites, check out our Friday Fixat10ns playlist while you get ready to enjoy your Singles Appreciation Day (or night) the right way.

Someone Like You — Adele Somewhere, someone reaaaaaally pissed Adele off for her to belt out this one. Trying to get over someone that broke your heart and that you were wishing was there for you yesterday? I suggest you sing along in similar style.

Keep Your Head Up — Andy Grammar While perhaps a little mellow for a song that’s supposed to get you ready to go out, this is another great sing along with a terrific message. Life goes on, and you have to get out there and make something of it.

We Are Never Getting Back Together — Taylor Swift Of course this list wouldn’t be complete without some Taylor Swift on it.  Whether boys are constantly breaking her heart (maybe, or she breaks theirs and gets a hit song out of it (very possible), Taylor Swift sings some fantastic break-up songs. Belt this one out, too, and begin enjoying being single.

You Give Love a Bad Name — Bon Jovi As hard as it is to believe, apparently even Jon Bon Jovi was heartbroken once upon a time.  Now you have something in common with a rock star. That’s a good start, right?

Forget You — Cee Lo Green So now you’ve established you aren’t getting back together with your ex. Ever. And you’ve made it clear that you were so heartbroken that love is tainted. Still not enough? Luckily, Cee Lo Green wrote a song about the two words that everyone dreams of saying, but are too classy/polite/scared/civil to actually say. (Sorry, this one’s the clean version, folks. Still gets the message across though.)

Brand New Girlfriendv— Steve Holy Now this is why I love country music. Well, one of the reasons. Who needs to sulk, right? Apparently Steve Holy didn’t care too much about being single, but this song could get you started on one heck of a Singles Appreciation Day.

Go Your Own Way — Fleetwood Mac In case you don’t want to go the way of Steve Holy, take Fleetwood Mac’s advice and be independent for a while. Go with the flow. Follow your heart’s desires. Trust us, you’ll be OK.

I Knew You Were Trouble When You Walked In — Taylor Swift And back to Taylor.  This time, it’s to begin the “acceptance” phase. You knew he was trouble. Get over it 🙂

This — Darius Rucker Still moping a little bit? Just listen to Darius Rucker (of Hootie and the Blowfish) and realize that everything happens for a reason and one day, you’ll look back and laugh about how dumb it all was (or cry about how much ice cream you ate. Either one).

Single Ladies — Beyonce Well, you know how we at the blog feel about Beyonce.  And if another song says “Singles Appreciation” better than this one, I’m the next Pope.  In other words, there isn’t a better song to cap off this list.  Turn it up, try and dance and sing like the Queen herself, and enjoy the single life.  After all, it can be pretty fun.