DPS Blotter

Thursday, Oct. 13, 2011

Theft, Lauinger Library, 9 p.m.

A student reported that he parked his bicycle on the bike rack. When he returned, he found his bicycle missing. There are no suspects or witnesses.

Friday, Oct. 14, 2011

Vandalism, Lauinger Library, 1:36 p.m.

A staff member reported vandalism and racial slurs in a bathroom stall. There are no suspects or witnesses.

Saturday, Oct. 15, 2011

Public Urination, 3600 Block of O Street,

12:29 a.m.

A DPS officer observed a student urinating in an alley at the listed location. The case has been forwarded to student conduct.

Alcohol Violation, Village A, 12:33 a.m.

DPS officers responded to a call at the listed location. Upon arrival, they observed students in possession of alcoholic beverages. The case has been referred to student conduct.

Damage to Property, St. Mary’s Place and Prospect Street, 3:03 a.m.

An intoxicated student caused damage to a vehicle as he attempted to get off the roof of the vehicle. The case has been referred to student conduct.

Alcohol Violation, Village C West, 11:28 p.m.

DPS officers responded to a report of an alcohol violation. Upon arrival, officers observed numerous bottles of alcohol in the room. The students disposed of the alcohol without incident. The case has been referred to student conduct.

Sunday, Oct. 16, 2011

Failure to Comply, 35th and Prospect Streets, 1:02 a.m.

A student was written up for failure to comply after a DPS officer reported that he did not comply with orders to exit the residence of a registered party which was found to be in violation. The case has been referred to student conduct.

Defacing Property, LXR Elevator, 2:20 a.m.

A DPS officer reported graffiti on an elevator wall at the listed location. There are no suspects or witnesses.

Theft, Copley Hall, 10:59 p.m.

Several students reported that over a period of several weeks, they noticed numerous items missing from their room. The alleged suspect was identified. However, the students declined to pursue the matter further. The case is closed.

Monday, Oct. 17, 2011

Public Urination, Village A, 1:43 a.m.

A student reported that another student was standing in the balcony and urinated on him. Contact was made with the student in the balcony, and he was identified. The case has been forwarded to student conduct.

Identification Card Violation, Lauinger Library, 10:08 a.m.

An individual attempted to enter the library with a GOCard that didn’t belong to him. The GOCard was confiscated, and the individual’s information was recorded.

Theft, Lauinger Library, 3:53 p.m.

A student reported that his USB drive was stolen from a table after leaving the item unattended. There are no suspects or witnesses.

Theft, ICC Bike Rack, 8 p.m.

A student reported that he secured his bicycle at the listed location. When he returned, he found his bicycle missing. There are no suspects or witnesses.

Simple Assault, Georgetown University Hospital, 7 p.m.

A staff member reported that on Friday, Oct. 14, 2011, she was assaulted by a GU Hospital employee. The case is under investigation.

Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2011

Theft, Red Square, 5 p.m.

A student reported that a banner that was hanging at the listed location was missing. There are no suspects or witnesses.

Theft, Lauinger Library, 1:30 a.m.

A student reported that he left his laptop inside a restroom. When he returned to retrieve his property, he found his laptop missing. There are no suspects or witnesses.

Theft, Reiss Science Building, 9 a.m.

A staff member reported that when he came to work in the morning, he found a camcorder missing from inside the lab. There are no suspects or witnesses.