Pre-Thanksgiving Snacks: Food to Get You Stuffed Before the Holiday

Thanksgiving MealOnly a few days remain til we can all either go home or escape the (beloved yet sleep deprived) Hilltop. A time to finally relax, sleep and get happy. For many, this break will include a delicious Thanksgiving meal. However, 4E firmly believes that the tastes of warm pumpkin pie, crispy turkey and fresh cranberry sauce should not be limited to one day of the year. So, for those of you who wish to start your Thanksgiving meal a little earlier, here are our suggestions on where and how to find Thanksgiving-esque food before you leave for break (and maybe even after!):

5fa97eac1. Leo’s Though this requires the most creative thinking at times, it also gives you a reason to use some of those meal swipes! Leo’s has a variety of turkey dishes, ranging from BBQ turkey sandwiches to simple turkey burgers. If you really want to create an authentic meal, grab a plate, remove the turkey from a sandwich, get some green beans, add on some mashed potatoes and finally include some dried cranberries from the waffle station (if available). Voila! You are now having Thanksgiving at Leo’s – dreams really do come true.

2. DC Wisey’s Chantilly Panini For seven dollars, you too can enjoy this smoked turkey and brie cheese croissant panini with a light cranberry mayo sauce. Yum!

3. Einstein Bros. Cranberry Turkey Panini In addition to a variety of new cinnamon creations, Einstein’s has also begun serving a turkey sandwich of its own. Starting off with ciabatta bread (which is always an amazing beginning to anything), this sandwich consists of turkey, cranberry sauce, spinach, bacon and your choice of swiss or mozzarella cheese. Also, if you want to “Thanksgiving-ify” your morning bagel, try out their cranberry bagel!

4. Saxbys’ Pumpkin Drinks Both the pumpkin spice latte and pumpkin pie chai have become personal favorites this fall. Plus, these warm drinks can help ease the much colder walk to classes, while still reminding you that home – and of course Thanksgiving – are fast approaching.

5. Jetties’ Nobadeer Sandwich and Orange Street Salad Similar to the Chantilly Panini, the Nobadeer includes roasted turkey, cranberry sauce and mayonnaise, but also adds stuffing to the mix – all on sourdough bread. If salads are your liking, try the orange street salad, which consists of roasted turkey and butternut squash on top of mixed greens with apples, dried cranberries and sesame seeds, finished off with a ginger vinaigrette.

Enjoy these turkey- and cranberry-filled meals Hoyas, and get yourselves ready for the main Thanksgiving meal to come in just a few days!

tumblr_lv2ba2X8pZ1r49ex9o1_250

Photos: tumblr, Eating Equipment