GUSA Poll 2015 Results

Who do you plan to vote for in the GUSA Executive Race?

The Big One (2)

When it comes to campus life, how relevant do you think GUSA is?

Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 11.17.50 PM

Who do you plan to vote for in the GUSA executive election?

Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 10.48.33 PM

Distribution of votes by gender

Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 10.56.52 PM

Distribution of votes by demographic

Demographics final (2)

Do you approve or disapprove of the job Trevor Tezel and Omika Jikaria are doing as GUSA executives?

Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 8.37.32 PM

(Berlin Cheng/The Hoya, Shannon Hou/The Hoya and Alexander Brown/The Hoya)

Methodology: 

The Hoya conducted a campus-wide, door-to-door poll of Georgetown students on Sunday night in advance of the Georgetown University Student Association executive election Feb. 18 to 19.

Although the polling method is not scientific, it was designed to reduce sample bias and provide transparency on demographics.

More than 20 Hoya staff members administered the anonymous survey Monday evening in all 15 campus dormitories and apartment buildings and on five streets in Burleith and west Georgetown selected for their high proportion of student residences. Polling began at 6:30 p.m. and was completed by 8 p.m. The schedule and locations for polling were not announced beforehand.

A total of 616 Georgetown students completed surveys, which asked students about their views on the relevance of GUSA and the performance of the current GUSA executives, their views of the current election — including their vote choice — and a series of demographic questions. Respondents were also asked whether they planned to vote in Thursday’s election, allowing the results of some poll questions to be narrowed to a set of likely voters, which number 391 in the aggregate.

These measures limited readership bias and prevented respondents from being polled twice and was designed to be representative of the student body. However, as was the case last year, respondents to the poll were mostly underclassmen, likely because of the relative inaccessibility of junior and senior housing.