MEN’S GOLF | Hoyas Earn 9th-Place Finish at Rutherford Intercollegiate

GUHOYAS
Sophomore Hardin Councill tied for 46th at the Rutherford Intercollegiate with a score of 225.

The Georgetown men’s golf team travelled to State College, Pa., to compete in the 42nd Rutherford Intercollegiate hosted by Penn State University last weekend. The Hoyas secured a ninth-place finish at the event, finishing with a total team score of 883. The three rounds were played over two days at the Penn State Blue Course.

Senior Cole Berman spearheaded the Hoyas’ effort, carding a total 221 to tie for 27th place. He carded the Hoyas’ lowest single-round score with a first round 72. Senior Sam Madsen came next in 36th place with a score of 233, sophomore Patrick DiPasquale carded a 224 to tie for 42nd and senior Jack Musgrave brought home a 227 to tie for 54th place.

Penn State, the only team to finish under par, won the event with a total score of 844. The Hoyas finished in front of Columbia (894), Cleveland State (907) and Binghamton (912).

Next stop for the men’s golf team is the Big East Championships from April 29 to May 1 at the Callawassie Golf Course on Callawassie Island, S.C.