Junior Dies During Spring Break

Mark Adamsson (SFS ’15) died while on spring break in the Dominican Republic, Vice President for Student Affairs Todd Olson said in a campus-wide email, today. Adamsson was travelling with fellow Georgetown students.

“I am deeply saddened by this news and know that it is difficult for the many members of the Georgetown community who know Mark,” Olson wrote. “Please join our Georgetown community in remembering Mark’s family and friends in your thoughts and prayers during this time.”

According to the email, university officials are in contact with Adamsson’s family and will provide assistance. Staff members from the Office of Campus Ministry, including chaplains-in-residence, Counseling and Psychiatric Services, and the Office of Residential Living are available to provide support to students, faculty and staff.

A full story will be posted after spring break.

Update, March 11: In an email, Director of Media Relations Rachel Pugh said that Adamsson died due to medical reasons arising from natural causes.

“The university has learned from Mark’s family that the cause of his death was lung and heart failure due to medical reasons. The family has asked us to share that news,” Pugh wrote.