On Your Radar: Rest and Relaxation

%40chochousedc%2FInstagram
@chochousedc/Instagram

D.C. Chocolate Festival 

Join artisans, chocolatiers and lovers of all things cacao this Saturday, April 27, for the seventh annual D.C. Chocolate Festival. From 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., La Maison Française, a venue inside the Embassy of France, will be hosting a variety of chocolate-related events such as workshops and tasting sessions. And it’s not just your classic chocolate bar — the festival will feature chocolate confections and beverages as well! Tickets are available for $25 online for either of two sessions. 

Self-Care Sunday Pop-Up 

Need a break from finals preparation? This Sunday, April 28, Wellspring Manor & Spa will be hosting a Self-Care Sunday holistic experience, with events ranging from movement stations to smoothie bars to shopping at a variety of health and wellness vendors. In other words, it’s the perfect way to start off your week. Tickets are currently $35, which includes admission to a variety of events at the venue. 

Cultural Arts Festival 

This year, the Creative Suitland Arts Center will be transitioning from their traditional gala to an arts festival dedicated to fostering community creativity. Featuring live performances, local vendors, art workshops and a variety of food trucks, this event truly has something for everyone. Stop by the Center in Prince George’s County this Saturday from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. to enjoy this completely free event!

Yoga + Sound Bath 

Didn’t get enough of the Spy Museum during the Diplomatic Ball? Come back this Sunday, April 28, for a morning rooftop yoga session on the eighth floor of the Museum. The yoga will be coupled with a sound bath and a long savasana, a meditative rest, to conclude the session. The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., and although there is currently a waitlist, there’s always a chance a spot will open up.