New Student Services Center Opens in White-Gravenor

Starting this semester, students can find the Offices of Student Financial Services (Financial Aid), the University Registrar, Student Accounts and Cashiering (Revenue and Receivables) and the I-9 Office in one new location on the lower level of White-Gravenor Hall called the Student Services Center.

The University Registrar, which provides students with registration and graduation services, and Revenue and Receivables, where students can go if they have questions about their bill, were previously located on White-Gravenor’s lower level hall. The I-9 Office and Financial Aid were previously located in Reiss Science Building. 

Georgetown University relocated the University Registrar and the Student Accounts offices in the spring due to the construction of the Student Services Center, according to a Feb. 2 message from the university. The Office of Student Financial Services and the I-9 Office were then moved from Reiss to White-Gravenor over the summer. The new center aims to join these resources in a common location.

The Student Services Center opened to the public at the start of the semester and also launched a new website that students can use to request services in addition to visiting the new physical location. 

A university spokesperson said that the new center offers physical and virtual options to assist students with a variety of services.

“Services available at these new physical and virtual options include help with applying for or understanding your financial aid, paying or understanding your bill, registering for classes, ordering transcripts and more,” the spokesperson wrote in an email to The Hoya.

The university will continue to add services to this location to make it more convenient for students, according to the spokesperson. 

“The new center, which serves as a one-stop shop for these student services, officially opened in August. It will soon add the Student Health Insurance Office to provide additional services in this space,” the spokesperson wrote. 

The new center also features several enhancements, including a virtual check-in system on iPads, a new virtual portal to coordinate appropriate services and an automated-response system.

“When you arrive you’ll be asked to check in at an iPad station to help get your questions to the right place for quick resolution,” the spokesperson wrote. “When you contact the Student Services Center with a question (either through the virtual portal, in person or via email), you’ll immediately receive an auto-response that keeps you updated about the status of your inquiry.”

Flickr | Georgetown University opened a new Students Services Center as a one-stop location for registration and financial services this summer.

Noah Vinogradov (SFS ’25) recently visited the Student Services Center for the university registrar services and said that he was pleased by how smoothly the experience went. 

“I went to the registrar, and it was very quick. It was like five or 10 minutes to get an appointment, and they fixed my issue really easily,” Vinogradov told The Hoya. “So I was very pleased with that.” 

Vinogradov said that having one consolidated location for these services reduces student confusion and makes getting help easier overall.

“I think just having one center for that is helpful because people know, okay, if I have any question related to administrative things, I should go to White-Gravenor and they’ll be able to figure it out,” Vinogradov said.

Arun Sood (CAS ’26), who also recently visited the Student Services Center for questions regarding his bill, said he was surprised by the new center’s modernity.

“I went to visit the new students’ center to ask some questions about the health insurance waiver and my financial statements at the very start of the semester,” Sood told The Hoya. “I took a little bit of an adventure trying to find it, but when I did, I was genuinely taken aback.”

Sood said that although he did not exactly know where to get his questions answered, the staff handled his request in a timely manner. 

“There were many front desks to help multiple students at once, which made my life easy, and the employee I spoke to was super welcoming,” Sood said. “They answered my questions in only a few minutes, which was also very convenient.”

The spokesperson said that the purpose of creating the Student Services Center was to make financial and registration services more efficient and accessible to students.

“The Student Services Center aims to positively impact the Georgetown student service experience by offering a single location for integrated outlets for student support,” the spokesperson wrote.

“Our objective is to continue to improve the Student Services Center over time by further enhancing technologies and processes.”