Admins to Hold Second Hoya Roundtable

Administrators will host a second roundtable discussion to address student concerns about university services Thursday.

The second in the series of Hoya Roundtables will provide updates on the range of university projects discussed at the first discussion, which took place last month.

According to Michael Wang, special assistant to Chief Operating Officer Chris Augostini, administrators will discuss initiatives ranging from new printing stations to the possibility of bringing food trucks to campus. They will also provide updates regarding on the university’s progress in increasing retail dining space and implementing wireless coverage across campus.

The format of the discussion will be slightly different from the first Hoya Roundtable to allow more time for informal discussion, Wang said. After opening remarks and a panel discussion that will allot time for student questions, administrators will break out into groups with students to discuss issues regarding the areas they supervise.

Vice President for Student Affairs Todd Olson and University Registrar John Pierce as well as administrators from the office of Student Housing and Facilities, Auxiliary Services and the Department of Public Safety will all take questions at the event.

The roundtables were proposed by Augostini as a way to familiarize himself with major student concerns after he assumed his position over the summer. He said he plans to continue to hold such events throughout the year for as long as students are interested in attending them.