Tisa & Ramadan

OLIVIA HEWITT/THE HOYA
OLIVIA HEWITT/THE HOYA

Three-year GUSA veteran Nate Tisa (SFS ’14) and his running mate Adam Ramadan (SFS ’14) identified their partnership as the central theme of their platform, which is unity of all students.

Tisa said he chose Ramadan as his running mate to provide an outsider’s perspective to complement his familiarity with student government.

“I didn’t want to allow myself, as somebody who has so much GUSA experience, to be blinded by that experience,”Tisa said.

Ramadan agreed that his experience outside GUSA is as an advantage.

“We are a perfect mix of a foot in the door in terms of GUSAbut a foot out in terms of being the bridge to the rest of campus,” Ramadan said.

The pair aims to promote effective use of student space, reform the funding system under the Student Activities Commission, expand free-speech zones on campus and facilitate conversations about sexual assault, all of which they identify as unifying issues that affect all students.

Both Tisa and Ramadan indicated that aligning Georgetown’s core values with student rights is imperative to their platform

“The Catholic identity on campus means ‘no’ right now. It means no contraception, no free speech for a lot of groups, no gender-neutral housing, but we think it should be ‘yes’ to social justice, yes to community service, making these Jesuit values not just buzz words that are thrown around but true things that define our community,” Tisa said.