Feeding Yourself Without Leo’s (It’s Possible!)

Last year I supported Leo’s. Everyone complained about the quality of food, the lack of options, and the long lines for meals that were never really worth it. But I always came to its defense because I truly liked the food that was offered and I never left hungry.

But since the start of this school year, my friends and I have gone on a Leo’s boycott (except for Chicken Finger Thursdays because, really, who can pass those up?). And with the recent report of Leo’s numerous health code violations, students are starting to demand change. While we wait for Leo’s to get it’s act together, here are some other ways to feed yourself without leaving campus:

Epicurean – This restaurant is by far my favorite spot on campus. Although it may be a bit of a trek for those who live over in Southwest Quad or Village A, the wide array of choices – a daily buffet, sushi, pizza, sandwiches, and wraps – makes Epicurean well worth the walk. I personally recommend the quesadilla and The Baja, a grilled chicken sandwich with avocado and melted pepper jack cheese.

Wisemiller’s – Wisey’s takes the cake for the most convenient off campus food option. Located directly across from Walsh, one needs to walk only steps off campus to grab a great, quick and easy sandwich. If you’re having trouble deciding what to order, go with the Chicken Madness – you will not be disappointed.

Einstein Brothers Bagels – The opening of an Einstein Bagels on the third floor of Regents has been a great addition to the gorgeous new building. Unfortunately, the ‘store’ is simply a cart, but, each time that I have gone to pick up some breakfast, there has always been a good selection of fresh bagels. Even more exciting is the recent announcement of the expansion of the Einstein’s in Car Barn later this year.

The Corp – I feel as if I have lived off of food from the Corp this entire year. Between sushi, Booey’s sandwiches and even the falafels, I seem to never run out of options. Vital Vittles in Leavey usually offers the most choices of all of the Corp storefronts so make sure to head over there if you are struggling to find some diversity. Thank you, Corp, for feeding me for the past few weeks – I don’t know what I would do without you.

Hopefully, the situation at Leo’s improves, but, until then, we’ll all just have to get a little creative. Maybe you’ll even try out those cooking skills that you never knew you had!