Noel Miller’s “Everything Is F#&ked” is Exuberantly Hilarious

★★★★★

Amid the hecticness of the Hilltop, the D.C. stop of YouTube star Noel Miller’s comedy show tour, “Everything Is F#&ked,” was a perfect way to release pent-up stress in the form of laughter.

Known for his relatable and self-deprecating comedic style, Miller kept the audience roaring with every bit, many of which tackled the current state of the world, while others centered on his childhood. The sold-out D.C. crowd was in for a treat as Miller seamlessly transitioned between his prepared stand-up act and several off-the-cuff interactions with the audience. 

For those unfamiliar with the Canadian comedian and rapper, Miller began his comedy career in 2014 on YouTube. With his refreshing brand of comedy featuring sharp social commentary and scathing one-liners, Miller quickly established himself as a comedic force with which to be reckoned.

His Jan. 28 appearance at the Warner Theatre only strengthened the name that he has built for himself, as 2,000 audience members flocked to Penn Quarter for this stop of his debut tour. The opening act, Zahid Dewji, properly primed the audience with jokes about his adolescence, millennials and his hometown of Houston, Texas. 

Miller’s comedic timing and delivery were spot-on. His jokes explored topics ranging from relationships to the current political climate, which made the set both humorous and thought-provoking as he captivated the audience from start to finish. For example, the last third of his set touched on the way technology has changed family dynamics, while also highlighting the way it has changed comedy styles from drawn-out, more complex bits to “quick” laughs that TikTok has brought forth.

The comedian also took time to interact with his audience, incorporating their responses into his act and creating a truly interactive experience. The energy in the room was electric, and Miller’s special connection to his fans was evident, especially through joking about the different types of people in the audience and calling out the guys in the room who were probably dragged to the show by their girlfriends.

Miller rose to fame as one half of a comedic duo with Cody Ko, a Canadian comedian and podcaster known for his unabashedly profane style. Miller created a number of popular YouTube videos and podcasts that brought their humor to a wider audience. One of the duo’s most popular projects was their “That’s Cringe” series, where the two reacted to and cracked jokes about viral videos and internet personalities. With their relatable commentary on contemporary culture, the duo quickly gained a large following and became known for their unique style.

Ko and Miller made their music debut in 2018, releasing their debut EP “Bangers & Ass” under the name “Tiny Meat Gang.” While it started off as a satirical imitation of fellow YouTubers attempting to make mainstream music, the pair’s musical following has slowly grown and gained respect in recent years. 

Branching off from his comedic partner, Miller’s first comedy tour, “Everything Is F#&ked,” has been a huge success, selling out venues across the country. With his quick wit, relatable humor and musical talent, Miller has become a fan favorite in his own right, and his live shows are always highly anticipated.

If you’re looking for a night of laughter and entertainment, don’t miss Miller’s “Everything Is F#&ked” tour. Miller’s unique brand of comedy is sure to leave you in stitches, and his performances are not to be missed. Fans of Miller’s YouTube career will not be disappointed seeing him in person for his stand-up show, which highlights that his talent translates beyond the screen.