On Your Radar: Celebrate for a Cause

%40no_pressure_creatives%2FInstagram%2C+
@no_pressure_creatives/Instagram,

Autumn Leaves

Not enough music in your life? Come see “Autumn Leaves,” an original musical presented by No Pressure Creatives, an Asian American musical production group on campus. From the same team that brought you last year’s “(No) Pressure: An Asian American Musical,” “Autumn Leaves” tells the story of an Asian American family’s Seattle jazz bar through a two-act musical in Gaston Hall. Tickets for this Friday’s show, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., are on sale now for $8 a pop.

Refugee Awareness Week Gala

If you want to enjoy some tasty treats and fundraise for a good cause, No Lost Generation is hosting a Refugee Awareness Week Gala on Saturday, April 6 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Healey Family Student Center Social Room. Refreshments will be provided, with food catered by George’s King of Falafel and Cheesesteak and desserts by Jenin Pastry. Proceeds from tickets ($10 each) will be donated to the Palestine Children’s Relief Fund.

Trans History in the DMV

For an activity with an educational twist, join Rev. Diedre Gray in White-Gravenor Hall 201A at 5 p.m. on Monday, April 8 for a conversation about transgender history in the DMV. Gray, the former director of the Rainbow History Project Trans History Initiative and the founder of Auntie’s Home, a safe transitional house for gender-diverse people, is being hosted by GU Pride.

Book Drive

Trying to figure out where to put all those books you’ll never read again? This National Library Week, visit the Bryant Street Market Annual Book Drive to benefit D.C. Books to Prisons, an organization that provides free books to incarcerated individuals. The drive is collecting paperback books that are in good condition through Tuesday, April 9. Books can be in English or Spanish, and nonfiction is in particular demand.