On Your Radar: Sit Back and Relax

%40georgetownmaskandbauble
@georgetownmaskandbauble

Pippin

Follow the story of a young prince searching for his way in the world as performed by Georgetown’s own Nomadic Theatre. For the next two weeks, from April 11 to 14 and April 18 to 21, Pippin will be running in Poulton Hall Stage III. A musical full of glitz, glam and a surprising amount of heart, “Pippin” has become a classic that you ought to see for yourself. Tickets, which are $5 for students, are currently waitlist-only, so be sure to snag a spot while you can.

Spring Sing 2024

Are you suffering from a lack of awesomeness? Fear not, because Georgetown Superfood will be hosting one last performance, featuring all six of Georgetown’s acapella groups, this Saturday, April 13 at 6:00 p.m. in Gaston Hall. And if that wasn’t enough, all proceeds from tickets ($5 each) will be going directly to D.C. Central Kitchen, so you can spend your weekend giving back to the community by simply attending. 

Civil War 

Calling all dystopia fans! Come see the opening of “Civil War” at AMC Georgetown this weekend, with a variety of showtimes to accommodate any schedule. The film is set in a dystopian future, in which a team of journalists race to get to Washington, D.C., to stop a group of rebels from descending upon the capital. With action, sci-fi and intensity, the film will have you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end.

D.C. Comedy Festival: Dupont Underground

Need a break from the end-of-the-year frenzy? Have a laugh this weekend at the annual D.C. Comedy Festival, taking place at Busboys and Poets in Dupont Circle this Saturday, April 13. You’re not going to want to miss this curated selection of the best up-and-coming comedians from all over the world coming together for this showcase. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., with the show itself beginning at 6 p.m. Tickets are currently $30, but selling fast.