Copley Burglary Victim Vows to Lock Up

The same day as the most recent burglary in Village A, an Xbox was stolen from a dorm room in Copley Hall’s basement.

The burglary occurred on Nov. 9 between 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. The victim, Xander Robinson (SFS ’13), reported the incident on Nov. 10, at 2:30 p.m., according to a Public Safety Alert sent to the campus community Thursday afternoon.

The burglar entered the dorm room through an unlocked door. Robinson, who had left the residence at 3:30 p.m., returned to his dorm room at 6 p.m., only to realize that an Xbox was missing.

“I was late to practice so I just ran out of my room because I couldn’t find the key. [At first] I thought it was a prank,” Robinson said.

Robinson said that there were several other electronic items as well as $100 in cash in the room left untouched. He finally reported the incident after none of his friends reported knowing of the Xbox’s whereabouts.

Robinson said that he had left the Robinson said that he had left the room unlocked several times before and had previously assumed Copley to be a safe location.

“I did not think that something like this would happen to me because [all of the thefts happening are in] Village A and Copley is so secure,” he said. “I feel a little less secure now. I make sure my stuff is secure and lock my door every time now.”

There are currently no leads on the suspect. Joseph Smith, associate director of the Department of Public Safety, was unavailable for comment.