GOCard Access Extended from 10 p.m. to Midnight

Students will now have GOCard access to all residence halls from 9 a.m. to midnight, an extension of the former 10 p.m. limit, the Office of Residence Life announced Tuesday.

The extension comes after a resolution passed by the Georgetown University Student Association in November that called for campus-wide GOCard access until 12 a.m. and 24-hour GOCardaccess within the Southwest Quad. The resolution also called for the elimination of access restrictions for unspecialized students to academic buildings such as the Rafik B. Hariri Building and Regents Hall.

The campus-wide email did not address the second two proposals and only referred to residence halls, not the entire campus, as part of the new extension.

GUSA worked with InterHall and the Offices of Residence Life and Student Housing to enact these reforms, claiming that extending GOCard access aligned with the goal outlined in the 2010 Campus Plan of bringing undergraduate social life back to campus.

GUSA Senate Speaker Nate Tisa (SFS ’14), who co-sponsored the bill, was excited to see it put into action.

“We’re thrilled to see that the university has responded to student feedback like this,” Tisa said. “The change will make it easier for students to live out the social lives they want on campus.”