Thefts Strike Harbin, LXR Halls

Two laptops, as well as a number of electronics and an undisclosed amount of U.S. currency, were stolen from two separate residence halls on Friday and Saturday, according to a Public Safety Alert.

At 11:15 a.m. Friday, a student reported that his laptop, some electronics and U.S. currency were stolen from his room in LXR Hall while he was asleep, according to the Department of Public Safety. The student did not see the suspect, and there were no other witnesses.

The following day, at around 5:13 p.m., another student reported that an unidentified suspect stole a laptop from an unoccupied residence in Harbin Hall. A black male subject, in his late 30s to early 40sand approximately 5’8″ to 5’10” in height, was reported to have been looking around the residence hall floor suspiciously. The suspect is further described as having a thin build and wearing a dark cap with a blue jacket, blue jeans and white sneakers.

The thefts followed shortly after the burglary of another Harbin room Thursday. Reports of an unknown black male aged 19 to 21 years of age wearing a navy blue ball cap with a red bill, a black hooded jacket, blue jeans rolled at the cuffs, and black boots suspiciously looking around these floors of HarbinHall surfaced on Friday.

DPS canvassed both areas after all three burglaries with negative results. They are continuing to investigate all three incidents in conjunction with the Metropolitan Police Department.

Representatives of DPS and the Office of Communications could not be reached for comment at press time.